1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy Nexus radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VeryEvilAsh, Dec 15, 2011.

1. VeryEvilAsh

VeryEvilAsh Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    Operator
    Philly
    I'm highly Disappointed with this phones radio. Going to return it tomorrow. My Thunderbolt always kept a 4G connection and I have yet to see it on the Nexus. Any recommendations. I heard the Rezound's radio was decent.

Advertisement

2. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm right behind you. The radio is just like it was on my Charge, SUCKY. This thing can't hold a candle to the Motorola radio or the Rezound radio. I've been in the same places with all these phones and the GNex just can't hold a 4G signal like these other phones can.

ICS or not, great display or not, if the radio is bad it ruins the entire experience IMO.

I had the Rezound and it was better than 'decent', it was great.

3. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2009
  4. Rippin508

Rippin508 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Male
    I have had problems with both 3G and 4G data. Called VZW Tech Support and found out that there are other people with the same problem. My advice would be to give VZW Tech Support a call. The more people who report an issue, might put more pressure on them to come up with a solution.

FYI, the problems have been logged into their systems with a "Priority 1" status according to the second tier tech support rep.

Hang in there a little longer. Hopefully they will have a solution for us very soon.:)

Tags: