• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus radio

I'm right behind you. The radio is just like it was on my Charge, SUCKY. This thing can't hold a candle to the Motorola radio or the Rezound radio. I've been in the same places with all these phones and the GNex just can't hold a 4G signal like these other phones can.

ICS or not, great display or not, if the radio is bad it ruins the entire experience IMO.

I had the Rezound and it was better than 'decent', it was great.

Upvote 0
I'm highly Disappointed with this phones radio. Going to return it tomorrow. My Thunderbolt always kept a 4G connection and I have yet to see it on the Nexus. Any recommendations. I heard the Rezound's radio was decent.

I have had problems with both 3G and 4G data. Called VZW Tech Support and found out that there are other people with the same problem. My advice would be to give VZW Tech Support a call. The more people who report an issue, might put more pressure on them to come up with a solution.

FYI, the problems have been logged into their systems with a "Priority 1" status according to the second tier tech support rep.

Hang in there a little longer. Hopefully they will have a solution for us very soon.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones