• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus return / exchange confusion

I bought a Galaxy Nexus on 12/15. The screen was terrible - banding/discoloration at low brightness. I brought it back to the store and they swapped it for another one. Second one was just as bad. Brought it back again and they swapped it yet again. So, two "swaps". The third phone is the worst of the three I've had. Awesome.

So, I just want to give up and return it. But, my question is, CAN I return it? Verizon's return policy says I can return it OR exchange it within 14 days. Do my "swaps" because of bad phones count as an "exchange"?

You should be able to swap it and pay the restocking fee to get a different phone. The returns of the other phones should not have been exchanges unless you paid restocking fees for them as well.

You should be able to exchange for a different model without a restocking fee. In October I bought a Bionic and the Bionic has networking problems and they were unable to resolve this. They exchanged my Bionic for a RAZR, with no charge. (The RAZR has it's own, abeit less severe, issues but that's another story.)

Upvote 0
Yeah with my experiences with them when it comes to returns is that if it isn't just you wanting to return the phone for something different and that there is something wrong with the phone they will waive the fee.

If they don't ask for a manager and calmly explain your situation. Also be firm that it is unacceptable to pay a restock fee when your phone is not working up to standards. They are usually good about stuff like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones