1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus vs HTC Sensation

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by livewires, Dec 22, 2011.

1. livewires

livewires Newbie

Hi Im getting my upgrade tomorrow. I am stuck between the Sensation XE and Galaxy Nexus. If I got the Sensation, when available I would put a stock ICS rom on it. So I was wondering from your perspective view points, which phone would be your choice discounting the fact the Nexus is running ICS.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KTW

KTW Guest

what do you want in a phone ? processing power ? rich user experience ? what ? both phones have their pros and cons. for me I'd go with the HTC because I like the rich UI, but that's me, not necessarily you.

3. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast

As you plan to change the HTC ui I would go with the Nexus S.
    Galaxy Nexus S has more processor power, more pixels in the screen. Thought the HTC is likely built from better materials.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

There is no Galaxy Nexus S. There is a Galaxy Nexus, and a Nexus S. They are very different phones, with the Nexus S having rather dated hardware, while the Galaxy Nexus more up to par with recent phones.

That said, while the Galaxy Nexus has a nice dual core chipset, its using a worse GPU compared to the Sensation XE. Personally I'd get the XE.

5. KTW

KTW Guest

wait...galaxy nexus prime or S ?

6. livewires

livewires Newbie

Not sure if I confused some people. it is between the Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Sensation XE, I really like the stock look of android so the UI isn't coming into my choices. Its more about general usability such as battery life and lag

7. KTW

KTW Guest

yeah...nexus S or prime?...there is a huge difference, the prime is a 1.5 duel core and the S is a signal 1 GHz core. so if its the S then the HTC will run smoother with less lag but it eats battery.

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

AFAIK the XE has better hardware overall and expandable storage. Those two things seal the deal for me. However a GNex would save you the trouble of flashing a stock ICS ROM.

Is there a reason for not getting an SGS2? It has better hardware than either XE or GNex.

9. livewires

livewires Newbie

Im leaning towards to GNexus at the moment and I dunno for some reason haven't thought of it.

10. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

There's no such thing as a Nexus Prime, that was a rumour, its officialy known as the Galaxy Nexus.

Between the two id say take the Galaxy Nexus, this year hasnt been HTCs year, the Sensation has a few issues including death grip of both GSM and Wifi antennas, poor batt life and its dual-core CPU isnt that great.

11. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast

I'd get the Galaxy Nexus.. has better specs, updates directly from Google (will be supported much longer than the Sensation) and the Nexus phones are generally smoother than other phones that are filled w/ bloatware.

Also, the ICS ROMs for the Sensation are full of bugs at the moment.