• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I did my s4 and didn't have problems until I caught the edge on my knife (storing with the knife was fine too). ... then again, the s4 has a removable back, so that helps.
Technically so does the G2 - just takes a bit more finesse to do so.

I am trying to find an extra back to maybe plasti-dip or sand down. Don't want to do it to the original.

Upvote 0
Hi folks!

Well, tomorrow's the big day.

The Darling Bride thinks I'm more married to this phone than I am to her :p and tomorrow the honeymoon is over. I'm rooting my Note 3!

Yep, there is a way to safely root the Verizon Note 3 without tripping the Knox counter... and the stock files to Odin back to stock have been posted. So if all else goes wrong, or if I need warranty work, I can fully unroot and flash stock. Perfect!

But the build quality of this phone is unprecedented: it is one solid machine. I do not expect any warranty work on build. Software all works great. And since there's little to back up, root happens!

:D

Hope all you guys are doing well. BB, you all ready to run run run?

Upvote 0
Believe I ordered that one? I got a couple that were cheap but it just told me that they'd take forever to arrive.

I ordered mine on the first and got it in the 7th. On a side note, we just came back up to our cabin in the mountains to see the leaves. We do not get a cell signal here and use a network extender. The G2 connected to the extender flawlessly and there was a new icon next to the signal. It is a little house with two green antenna arches above it. Very cool that this phone tells you when you are connected to an extender. The nexus did not tell you, you just saw a 1x and signal. Plus the G2 says 3G when on the extender. One more thing to be happy about!

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm forgetting something? When I used my previous N7 as my music player in my Ford I would have Bluetooth always ON on my N7, start my vehicle and they both always just connected. I decided to try my G2. Now, every time I start my vehicle I have to go in to Bluetooth on my phone, check allow other devices to find mine, then tap on SYNC(on the phone) to connect, then push the media button my steering wheel and say Bluetooth Audio to get them to pair. So either I'm forgetting something or using my phone for music is just a huge waste of time and I should just put music on my new N7 and use that again?

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm forgetting something? When I used my previous N7 as my music player in my Ford I would have Bluetooth always ON on my N7, start my vehicle and they both always just connected. I decided to try my G2. Now, every time I start my vehicle I have to go in to Bluetooth on my phone, check allow other devices to find mine, then tap on SYNC(on the phone) to connect, then push the media button my steering wheel and say Bluetooth Audio to get them to pair. So either I'm forgetting something or using my phone for music is just a huge waste of time and I should just put music on my new N7 and use that again?
My radio requires me to "register" my device with it. So for example if I pair my phone with my radio I have to tell the radio to pair with it every time it detects it. I assume this is to prevent the radio trying to pair with any Bluetooth device in range (for example my fiancee's phone).

Did you have to do that with the N7?

Upvote 0
If I did, I don't remember?

Are you talking about the code you have to type in on whatever device you try to pair? Then yeah.
No it also happens on my fiancee's Volkswagen.

So when you first pair the phone it asks you to setup a new user so it knows what phone it is and that you want to pair it with the car next time.

So when I get in her car with my phone it doesn't try to connect because I've never set myself up as a "user profile" in the car.

This link mentions "Adding a Phone" - maybe that's it? Pairing Your Phone to use Ford SYNC | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones