• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

So I was walking around the forums today here and there and I saw things I would have never though I would see development just stopped ... I know I haven't been in the mix much but have we really all stopped? I know the Galaxy nexus is dead but it is like this everywhere I am even struggling to find a ROM for my S4 and my parents S3's that has been updated in the past three months ... anyone else noticing the same thing or am I just looking in the wrong place and we have moved development to different forums now-a-days
*crossing fingers its the latter*

Upvote 0
Look for Beanstalk, it's really pretty good and the new Omni rom is coming on strong.

This weekend, I'm flashing CodefireXperiment 4.3, based on AOSP not CM/AOKP, built with the LLVM/Clang tool chain - first rom team to make the switch to what will most probably become the new preferred/standard compiler for Android.

Chatter is down but advanced development is up.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Not sure? I don't walk around much. I'm basically here and I peek in LG and N7. Once in a blue moon I'll look around.

I do a lot of searching on a lot of different sites lol

Look for Beanstalk, it's really pretty good and the new Omni rom is coming on strong.

This weekend, I'm flashing CodefireXperiment 4.3, based on AOSP not CM/AOKP, built with the LLVM/Clang tool chain - first rom team to make the switch to what will most probably become the new preferred/standard compiler for Android.

Chatter is down but advanced development is up.

I am gonna have to do some research on them glad all is not lost HAHA
what phones are thoes roms for?

Upvote 0
Okay. I have to ask the stupid question. Sorry.

AWS, is Verizon Band 4, right? Nexus 5 supports Band 4. When Verizon starts a major rollout of AWS, they either started small now or are starting soon, could the N5 work on Verizon IF you took the sim card out of your phone and put in the N5? Sortof like how you can take a sim card out of your phone and put in the 2013 LTE N7.

Just read of someone on XDA is getting the N5 and they are going to try and put their already activated sim card in it.

Upvote 0

AWS, is Verizon Band 4, right? Nexus 5 supports Band 4. When Verizon starts a major rollout of AWS, they either started small now or are starting soon, could the N5 work on Verizon IF you took the sim card out of your phone and put in the N5? Sortof like how you can take a sim card out of your phone and put in the 2013 LTE N7.

Just read of someone on XDA is getting the N5 and they are going to try and put their already activated sim card in it.

In theory yes but come on its Verizon man

Upvote 0

It's Band 4 in general as used by T-Mobile's main band and AT&T in some areas. Verizon has only rolled it out in the biggest cities thus far. The problem ensues that you would need CDMA for voice and sms and the device isn't certified. Verizon could and probably would shut off service to it immediately once it discovered you were using an unauthorized device.

Upvote 0
It matches the carrier markup, in this case, Sprint's.

Sprint will discount for contract subsidies and Best Buy will offer sales and coupons.

No one, including Google, gets accused of price fixing and no one is going to pay the extra hundred unless they insist.

And all parties will show the customer their advantage.

It's a numbers game and it's business as usual.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones