• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

My Darling Bride has the same tablet. Great piece of gear. She hardly ever uses the S-pen. She hardly uses it at a fraction of its capacity. I'm going to start calling it Marvin because I can imagine what it's thinking:

"Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and what's she have me doing? Facebook. Amazon. Life... don't even talk to me about life..."

:p

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I got the Note instead of the Tab because of the s-pen and how it seems to be more responsive than a generic stylus. I wanted it specifically for sketching. I use it quite frequently to remote into our servers to monitor backups and other processes throughout the day.

I actually don't like the s-pen for general navigation.

Upvote 0
It did! And happy to say it was NOT a Note 3 with a Note 4 sticker on it! :p

Note4DE.jpg

WHOOT!

So I'll be rooting it and setting it up tomorrow. I have a brand spankin' new 128GB card for it on the way, one day shipping so it'll be here tomorrow as well.

So all is moderately well at the Chief house :)

Upvote 0
Ok.. Came to the only place I know to. My B R A N D N E W Nexus 6 will not allow me to talk without being on speaker phone ! Seriously! Did I do/ hit something wrong ? There is absolutely no feedback from the phone at all , no noise at all when it is to my ear. I Have tried someone calling me... Me calling someone etc.
So should I
A. Go to sprint and exchange it ?
B. Call customer service?
or C. Do a factory reset myself ?

H E L P !!! Please , anyone !!!

Upvote 0
I think I was more stuffed than the turkey.:p Everyone here is fine. My oldest broke up with his girlfriend over the weekend and moved home. Typical 20yo stuff. How was yours Thanksgiving? Is your son still enjoying his service?

Yes... he is still in Japan. Loves the military. Just "struck a rate" of AO ... (something about playing with bombs lol). He will be home the first of the year. Everything is all and well here.

I just talked to sprint ... they confirmed my issue and I can exchange the phone since I am within my 14 day period. Now I am not sure what to do. Is this a huge problem with Nexus or a isolated one? I have not heard in all my research that it was an issue widespread ?

Upvote 0
That's the first I've heard of that problem Kym. My N6 has been stellar and the sound is the best of any phone I've ever had. Did Sprint add anything to the phone that might have a hidden mute function? (Mine is AT&T branded , BTW)
If so (I've never seen that on Sprint though) a factory data reset would cure it.

Then again, lemons happen and they know that.

Glad to hear your son is doing well, looking forward to hearing about you like the N6 after that's all sorted out. :)

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
If so (I've never seen that on Sprint though) a factory data reset would cure it.

Then again, lemons happen and they know that.

Glad to hear your son is doing well, looking forward to hearing about you like the N6 after that's all sorted out. :)

They were very kind and said they would give me a brand new one out the box. Since this is the first I have heard of it, I think I will stick to Nexus. No other phone is floating my boat right about now. I do love it, had it a week now. It is a wee bit large, but I think in time I will learn to live with it. The rapid charge is amazing although the battery lasts so long I barely need it. Lollipop has the "guest feature" which is so nice for when I pass it to my 10 year old. It is AMAZINGLY fast. Much faster than my S3 or S4.
Still learning how to deal with the lack of "gallery" but I haven't done to much research on that either.
It has exceeded my expectations thus far for sure.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones