1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BabyBlues, Dec 6, 2011.

1. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Post of the Day.

Advertisement

shalemail and lunatic59 like this.
  2. olbriar

olbriar  

I spent half time migrating back home from the party I was attending. I figured my commute would be more entertaining than the half time show.

IHateMyTreo and lunatic59 like this.
  3. IHateMyTreo

Dead skunk in the middle of the road would have been more entertaining. :eek:

olbriar likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Anyone else here stoked about the Note 6? If it has a microSD slot, I'll throw my money at Samsung so fast their heads will spin. One can HOPE they learned their lesson from the Note 5 ;)

5. halon

halon hakuna matata

If I have to go out on disability again like I did at the end of last year I have to remember to tell Aetna to take taxes out on my pay. Just did taxes; don't owe but lost a bunch because of the mistake.

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. halon

halon hakuna matata

The Nexus and LG G-series phones are my favorite. I had the G2, loved it. But since the Nexus started working on Verizon I've used only those. The G5 is very tempting!

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

The G5 is a lovely looking phone, maybe one that could replace my S6. Speaking of which, I see the S7 series already has forums, where are the G5 ones?

8. IHateMyTreo

HI Bread!

G5 forum is here: http://androidforums.com/forums/lg-g5.3245/

But surprisingly very little activity.

9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Ah, wasn't on the home page, only the "See More" section (imagine that'll change soon).

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

11. halon

halon hakuna matata

IHateMyTreo likes this.
  12. The_Chief

VIP Member

Hiya Bread! I haven't heard from you in so long I thought you were toast! :p

Wow, if the Note 6 is anything remotely like the S7, I'm gonna be thrilled! :D

13. IHateMyTreo

Chief, you already bailing on the MXPE?

14. The_Chief

VIP Member

If the Note 6 has the microSD slot, you BET I will! I miss my S-Pen; Android Pay is nice but Samsung Pay works almost anywhere; and the enhancements of the S7 are nearly irresistible to me. I told Samsung that if the Note 6 has a microSD slot, I won't be able to throw money at them fast enough and I'll retire the MXPE in a heartbeat.

15. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Android Enthusiast

Have you been unhappy with the MXPE? I've actually really enjoyed it so far. Have you found features that you are missing out on?

16. IHateMyTreo

And has Sammy improved their radio? I've avoided Sammy ever since the GN one-way audio and dropped call issues. Moto still has the best radios AFAIK.

17. Unforgiven

That was unique to the GNex and was completely resolved by the time the S3 came out.

The_Chief and IHateMyTreo like this.
  18. The_Chief

VIP Member

Well, I miss the S-pen functionality. A lot. I also miss the AMOLED screen. I'm not saying that the MXPE is a bad phone, no way! It's arguably one of the best phones on the market right now. But the Note series simply does stuff that the MXPE can't do, productivity-wise.

I don't game or watch a lot of video content. The front-facing stereo speakers on the MXPE would be great if I actually USED them, but I use a BT headset. I just feel that the Note 6 will do everything I do wth the MXPE... just more and better.

19. IHateMyTreo

Y'all always have good suggestions. Is there a best place to sell a laptop? I have a loaded top of the line Toshiba 2-in-1 (laptop with detachable screen/tablet). Less than a year old. Where can I sell it or are Craig's List and eBay the way to go? TIA

20. Unforgiven

does swappa only do phones?

edit: yes

IHateMyTreo likes this.
  21. The_Chief

VIP Member

Hi folks! Well, my Dad's beating brain cancer, all three stupid dogs are at the groomers so I could vacuum and mop, and the Note 6 is rumored to be revealed in JULY! I can finally sell my Note 4 Developer Edition and Gear VR Innovator headset as soon as the Note 6 is in my hot little hands. All in all, a good time to be the ol' Chief. Hope you guys are all well!

olbriar, IHateMyTreo and lunatic59 like this.
  22. IHateMyTreo

Go Chief Senior!

The_Chief likes this.
  23. IHateMyTreo

So... I posted my laptop on Craigslist, and within an hour I had three buyers. The only problem was that they all were "out of town on business," wanted to pay the full asking price plus they offered extra for shipping to a son or relative, and wanted to pay via "guaranteed" PayPal. Lol, if I could only figure a way to scam the scammers. :cool:

24. The_Chief

VIP Member

Let 'em go. I've had scammers try that too. Cashier's check for the full amount and a generous shipping fee, and a shipping address somewhere in Nigeria.

RIIIIIGHT.

IHateMyTreo likes this.