• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

No, the problem I'M having is that I can't even POST the screenshot! It won't upload because it says the dimensions of the forum are 640 x 280, whereas my screenshot is 1280 x 720. How do I scale down the pic so I CAN upload it?

Ahh, I did this once too. Open the photo in Paint. Then click "resize." In the pop-up window, click "pixels" and then set to the maximum allowed dimension. Save it and then try to upload that one.

Blind leading the blind here.;)

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
For my Jersey peeps - I'll be at PJ Welihan's on Route 70 in Cherry Hill tomorrow night with a few friends. Swing on by for a shot and a beam.

I'll be the guy that can't put down the Nexus :cool:

EDIT: "Shot and a beam" that sounds naughty (like something BBs would say) ;):p

Ya know, if I didn't have my company party tomorrow I would drive the 2 hours to come down there.
And a shot and a beam is fairly tame. Now a shot and a bump on the other hand.....

Upvote 0
So I've been scratching my head and trying to figure out why I came out better at the cash register than I expected when I picked up my Nexus this morning. I'm not complaining, though.

I called yesterday and talked to a CSR to confirm my upgrade eligibility, and to see if there was any chance of moving my $30 loyalty discount up. The CSR looked at my account and told me I was indeed eligible for early upgrade, with a $20 upgrade fee, but the loyalty discount could not be moved up. So I was expecting to pay about $320 plus tax.

But at the store this morning, my total was $286. I didn't ask questions at the time, but after I got home I looked at the receipt. It includes the $20 upgrade fee, but it shows the price of the Nexus as $249. Huh?

I do have a corporate discount, but I'm pretty sure it only applies to my service and not to phone purchases. And the receipt says nothing about a discount. Apparently I just got the phone at $50 off, for reasons unknown.

Well, like I said, I'm not complaining.

Upvote 0
My Verizon store didn't have any promotional material on display for the Nexus. Anyone else?

Based on what i was told this morning, none of them did.
See #479 a few posts back.

Now we know what 'soft launch' really means, which is "We haven't really prepared or planned anything, but we have a few container loads of this product so lets let 'em sell it and see what happens."

FWIW, I was waiting an extra long time while my GNex was activated, then re-activated, then re-activated with a new SIM.......
There were calls every few minutes asking about iPhone4S and iPhone5. CSR said they get at least that rate of these calls every day. Marketing drives demand, I guess. What a concept :rolleyes:

i guess my corporate store was the exception to the rule then. the entire wall behind where the demo gnex was had a big sign up advertising it(probably in the area of 8ftx10ft), and they had a promo sign on the front of the store n one of the windows. they also had 60 for release today

Upvote 0
Well ladies and gentlemen...TODAY WAS A FREAKING GREAT DAY!!!!!

I woke up this morning, and

~My Christmas lights were working
~My MotoActv decided to fix itself
~I was able to get my first Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte of the season without spilling the whole thing on myself

AND....

~I got my beloved GNEX!!!!

All is right in the world!!!

Are we absolutely 100% certain that today is not a dream???????
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
i guess my corporate store was the exception to the rule then. the entire wall behind where the demo gnex was had a big sign up advertising it(probably in the area of 8ftx10ft), and they had a promo sign on the front of the store n one of the windows. they also had 60 for release today

My store didn't even have a dummy phone. I bought it without a second of test drive.:eek:

Upvote 0
Now we know what 'soft launch' really means, which is "We haven't really prepared or planned anything, but we have a few container loads of this product so lets let 'em sell it and see what happens."

And yet my store had about 25 people waiting for the doors to open. All for a phone that has had no advertising to speak of, and essentially no advance notice. The employees told me it was a bigger turnout than they had for the iPhone launch.

Once they start marketing this thing, they may end up with a real hit on their hands. Whether they want it or not.

Upvote 0
So....Miss BabyBlues...

Did you find anything interesting on that website I gave you? I can blow my whole paycheck there :)

Also can anyone direct me to the instructions for removing the Google search bar? I remember it being discussed in the Pre-release thread somewhere but I dont know if anyone actually figured it out!

I have found many many wonderful things. I'm just waiting till the 23rd which is my next paycheck so I can see how much 'Merry Christmas to me' I can do :D

Upvote 0
Ahh, I did this once too. Open the photo in Paint. Then click "resize." In the pop-up window, click "pixels" and then set to the maximum allowed dimension. Save it and then try to upload that one.

Blind leading the blind here.;)

You did great, except the new Paint version that I have doesn't resize in pixels... just %'s. I set it to 35% and it fits the forum! THANK YOU!

BTW here's my screenshot:

Screenshot Nexus 2011-12-15Small.jpg

Yayyy it fits now! :D

Reactions: IHateMyTreo
Upvote 0
Sorry to repost this...but my battery just wore out and I think it's because it is running 4G and I haven't a clue how to turn it off. I put WIFI on...thought that automatically turns off 4G...

also thanks to BB I downloaded FriendCaster for Facebook...but wondering if that's also using a lot of battery.

HELP PLEASE?!

settings...more...mobile networks...network mode

Reactions: CinLou
Upvote 0
Sorry to repost this...but my battery just wore out and I think it's because it is running 4G and I haven't a clue how to turn it off. I put WIFI on...thought that automatically turns off 4G...

also thanks to BB I downloaded FriendCaster for Facebook...but wondering if that's also using a lot of battery.

HELP PLEASE?!

Wifi should take over. The battery life will be terrible for the first day or so. Let it die and recharge fully two to three times. It takes a few days for a new phone and battery to get it together. If you are wondering, you can always look at battery stats in the settings menu. I think mine showed data on the whole time. Could be an issue that will require an update. My Nexinator is sleeping right now so I can't verify that.

Reactions: CinLou
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones