• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I didn't nandroid, but I just reflashed the rom and it worked out fine. Won't be doing that again!

I've learned that lesson the hard way. Sucks when you think you're good and then remember as you press ok for a full wipe that you didn't back up your checkbook. Right after paying bills.

ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING. :p:D:D:D

Upvote 0
I've learned that lesson the hard way. Sucks when you think you're good and then remember as you press ok for a full wipe that you didn't back up your checkbook. Right after paying bills.

ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING. :p:D:D:D

Yeah I usually do...but I wasn't flashing so I thought I was ok. I just took the app out of the .zip file (something altimax taught me) and just renamed the stock contacts.apk to contacts.bak and used the new one. Did that, then the phone and contacts disappeared. I said oh ok, I will just load the other one I renamed back on there and be ok. Nope, didn't decide to work. Oh well, all is well now. Just trying to get my black ICS keyboard back on here now...having trouble getting this...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Apparently AOL is teaming up with a company called "Cellufun" to create an ad-supported community mobile gaming channel. Sounds interesting.

Apparently, the games will be tested popular titles that have proven themselves on mobile phones already.

Take a look at http://wap.aol.com/games where you can currently play mobile games courtesy of AOL. Eh... after seeing Duke Nukem on an Android Phone I'm not sure how excited this makes me.

If you Google it there are a few workarounds but nothing official

Upvote 0
Wow, I guess they really do have apps for everything! I manage all my finances using Microsoft Money. I wonder if there is an app to sync with that. I doubt it though since the PC software is no longer supported and is available to download for free from Microsoft.

Doesn't mint sync with that ? I think they might have an app.

Upvote 0
I'll have to check that out......OK, so what is mint? I'm assuming you're not talking about candy. :D

Its an online money tracking system. I know a couple of the morning shows did pieces on it and I remember a few articles about it in papers. It will track your expenses. I don't remember much else about it

Reactions: lovebyte21
Upvote 0
Fab! Post-holiday busy with the latest crop of Android newcomers, finding the right forum, fun stuff like that. :)

How about you? :)

Can't complain. Been learning all sorts of new things from the friendly Nexus family (and others but I don't venture out too often). :)

Reactions: EarlyMon and jmar
Upvote 0
Hey erlymon (your grave stone name from the simetery thread! Lol!).

Did you get the Nexus? I'm always on the app it seems so I rarely know of peoples devices unless in a thread like this or a device specific thread.

But with mods it's soo hard to tell a device because they are everywhere. :D

I love our family friendly (for the most part) nexus family!

I think we manage to keep it just within the PG-13 boundaries
99.998% of the time ;)

Reactions: EarlyMon and jmar
Upvote 0
Love this phone. Really.

But voice dropped again on two back-to-back calls tonight. I thought I had the problem licked with the new SIM. Now I'm frustrated that I appear to be in some small minority of users with this recurring problem. I want to keep the phone but I won't make it 20+ months with a phone that can't make phone calls reliably. Totally torn about what to do and dreading the thought that I might be a Rezound owner tomorrow. :(

The sad thing is that the Rezound is a great phone, but I've become attached to THIS phone with so many pros that the "other" phone can't match. Why, oh why can't I have assurances that this is a fixable issue? FML!

Reactions: tluley51
Upvote 0
Love this phone. Really.

But voice dropped again on two back-to-back calls tonight. I thought I had the problem licked with the new SIM. Now I'm frustrated that I appear to be in some small minority of users with this recurring problem. I want to keep the phone but I won't make it 20+ months with a phone that can't make phone calls reliably. Totally torn about what to do and dreading the thought that I might be a Rezound owner tomorrow. :(

The sad thing is that the Rezound is a great phone, but I've become attached to THIS phone with so many pros that the "other" phone can't match. Why, oh why can't I have assurances that this is a fixable issue? FML!

I suggest trying a replacement SIM CARD cos I know some of the early adopters of this phone had those issues. If that doesn't fix it you are entitled to a replacement. If that doesn't work then I would get an ics phone when other OEMs start launching phones with ics. No need to go to a phone that didn't launch with ics when you've already had a taste. M2C

jmar

Upvote 0
LOL...well, I do enjoy my lathe, and make various things such as bowls, pens, ornaments, salt/pepper mills (on the lathe, but that also requires a drill press, grinder, bandsaw, dust collector, and various sanders too.) Hand turning, to me, is FAR more relaxing and enjoyable than CNC'ing!

Here are a couple examples (gotta get some pics of the bowls at some point...lol):
PurpleheartCelticKnotCigar.jpg
PurpleCelticKnotcloseup.jpg

Those are spectacular! NCTurner, you do some beautiful work on those.

Figured out my voice engine problem on Tasker...it was the good ol ID10T error. Working flawlessly now that I know how to use it.

That would be PEBKAC. ;)

Love this phone. Really.

Oh crap. I know you swapped SIMs already, but have you tried another Nexus? Hope you won't have to settle for a 2nd choice. :(

Reactions: NCTurner
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones