1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BabyBlues, Dec 6, 2011.

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Awwww. You can come in and play.

stgmngr210 and clipperqb like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

DaGeek215, ASC and BabyBlues like this.
  3. BabyBlues

jruther2 likes this.
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Love it.

I also love the custom vibration that can be set as well in case its in my pocket.

5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Face Unlock FTW!!

Works with sunglasses on, too!!

Hey, how are you guys getting to that "Usage" screen?

I'm curious about mine.

6. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I have no idea! I just jumped in with the paid version. Maybe I'm stupid.

lol

fiatandroid likes this.
  7. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Settings -> Battery

8. BabyBlues

I thought you were doing butt unlock?? :D

jmar and CaptainRon like this.
  9. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

So...um...what are the differences? I don't know enough about component parts to figure it out. :)

10. jruther2

jruther2 Newbie

Since this thread is the lounge type I can finally get this off my chest.
    For the longest time I could not understand why people kept saying "FTW!" in the rumors thread about things that they seemed to be happy about... I was always confused by the seemingly out of context expression and often baffled why someone didn't get called out for using such a strong vulgar expression even if it was just an acronym. :eek: Then I googled it and found out that acronym does not mean what I think it means (anymore)...doh *facepalm* :eek:

salizai01, APKhaos and CaptainRon like this.
  11. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

You're not alone, I thought the same thing - especially after watching ECW in it's heyday and seeing Taz as the FTW champion.

12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I had the same problem. I just simply asked in the Epic Thread, and it was answered. I just wish BB had never told me what ATM stood for.

Now I can't drive by a bank without grimacing.

DaGeek215 likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Got mine yesterday at 9:30, the store wasn't supposed to open until 10. I got there and they were already open, or kind of, there was a guy at the door that asked what I needed, I siad the Nexus, he said come on in. I was number three in the store to get the Nexus.. awesome.. BTW, there was about ten people waiting to get the Nexus when I left.

One thing that sucks is I don't get 4G in my office... ugh..

So far one of my problems so far is transfering pictures and movies to the Nexus. But I saw a thread about it so I'll check it out.

But one thing I was looking for that maybe one of you know is on my D3 there was a way to turn of syncing in between certain times of the day. I would like to kill syncing at night. Do you guys know of an app that will do that?

14. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

What case did you get? I'm considering the Otterbox case sold on VZW but the Barely There case looks good too.

15. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

People are saying keep awake might be Light Flow issues.

Gonna disable it tomorrow to see what kind of battery life I get and then compare.

mfecik likes this.
  16. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

17. jruther2

jruther2 Newbie

Hahaha! I didn't need to know that one.

What should have happened instead of clicking the show button during the time that conversation was going on ----> /me sticks fingers in ears and closes eyes while shouting LALALALALA! FTW!

18. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I still say you should see the movie though - So much funnier when you get the full conversation.

stgmngr210 likes this.
  19. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

There are a bunch of free profile apps that let you customize notifications for specific locales. I use "Profiles" by Egg n Stone developer. Worked great on my DX. Not sure if it will work on ICS.

20. TKEnzy

TKEnzy Well-Known Member

Did anybody NOT root? I haven't - I don't see the point for me, since it's already vanilla android with just 2 VZW apps that are already out of sight, out of mind. I only rooted my Eris to see what it was like and because I was bored with it.

I just feel like I'm alone in the non-rooting camp. Anyone else here? We've got plenty of beer!

Bamsmom likes this.
  21. BabyBlues

Mine stayed awake all night too but I had turned off lightflow cause I was too tired to set it up. Take it FWIW

22. Tuesday013

Tuesday013 Member

This article says that there are 4 different docks. Is it possible that they just haven't gotten them in yet? Or do they just have the one for Verizon?

23. BabyBlues

I know I'm gonna be sorry, but I can't not ask.....what's the one you thought??

24. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

woodraskam and mfecik like this.
  25. abert78160

abert78160 Member

I didn't root or anything. This is my first smart phone so I don't see a need right now. Plus I don't really understand what it actually does and everything so I'm just enjoying the phone as is.

TKEnzy likes this.