• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I named mine Nexyness....
Introduced her to the World when I got her running...(on G+ anyways...)
Had to give her a name...just wasn't right not to....wanted this phone so bad and then planned to play with her day and night.....She needed a name.
(Its even on my mobile email signature..."Sent from Nexyness (LTE Galaxy Nexus)")

Pure sexiness I like it ryan! Are you BB's first...ehemm....I mean first guy she knows that named his phone!?

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Oh boy I caved and flashed .4 after flashing the radio and btldr. I am easily amused, but wow. Improved cell signal, improved handoffs, volume increase, display "mura" not as obvious, faster rotation, extremely smooth auto-brightness ramping, and AndroidOS is indeed at bay in the battery stat screen. Worth making a backup and trying.

Upvote 0
Speaking of kernels, anyone else running Trinity 512RD?? I'm at 50% with 2:15 screen on time and 7 3/4 hours time on battery. This is rivaling the best battery life I've ever gotten on any kernel. I'm really impressed especially since morfic doesn't even own a Nexus so he's testing all these kernels 3rd hand.

I've seen a lot of people reporting great results with it I have not tried it yet. I got so content on franco 13.1 I haven't looked elsewhere since. Is the 512 the gpu clock?

Upvote 0
I've seen a lot of people reporting great results with it I have not tried it yet. I got so content on franco 13.1 I haven't looked elsewhere since. Is the 512 the gpu clock?

Yeah, my feeling is that it only helps in seriously intensive games and benchmarks honestly, I will probably try the 384 version and see battery life improves at all on it. But this is the best screen on time I've ever gotten outside of watching a movie one time but I literally had no standby on that run.

addbb982-d77f-903b.jpg

addbb982-d792-ef34.jpg

Upvote 0
Good Morning Gnexers! :D

Guess what I had in my inbox this morning? A 30% off code for a SquareTrade Warranty! And having bought absolutely nothing to warrant a warranty today, I want to make it available to YOU! So if you have bought something recently from Amazon, a retail store or anything else non-eBay or Kindle (sorry, I don't make the rules up), you get 30% off!

PM me for the code. I cannot recommend SquareTrade highly enough!

CONFESSION:

I - yes, I - also named my Nexus. Proudly. Gladly! Since I had also named my OG Droid, coming up with a name for my new phone was easy.

Her name is Ginny. Pronounced like "Jenny" but spelled with "G". My rationale was: Galaxy Nexus = G.N. = Ginny. Easy! ANd for those of you who don't name your phones or vehicles... why not?

Now let's put this SquareTrade code to good use, folks! :)

Upvote 0
Good morning all.

So I submitted my app to the BB app world last night after a few days of trying to sign up. In order to be approved, they need a copy (front/back) of a government issued ID or a notarized letter with proof of name, address and date of birth. Then it takes 24-48 hours to be approved. Tested my Weight Watchers app on the Playbook simulator and while the UI is not perfect on the Playbook, it definitely works pretty well. Its so nice that they made it so easy to port Android apps over to Blackberry (for Playbook) for submission into the app world. Highly recommend any devs in here look into doing that so to get more exposure and user base.

On a much more somber note, had a family friend pass away last night and I just wanted to remind you all to tell the people in your life how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate them. Its the little things in life that people truly remember.

Upvote 0
Good morning all.

So I submitted my app to the BB app world last night after a few days of trying to sign up. In order to be approved, they need a copy (front/back) of a government issued ID or a notarized letter with proof of name, address and date of birth. Then it takes 24-48 hours to be approved. Tested my Weight Watchers app on the Playbook simulator and while the UI is not perfect on the Playbook, it definitely works pretty well. Its so nice that they made it so easy to port Android apps over to Blackberry (for Playbook) for submission into the app world. Highly recommend any devs in here look into doing that so to get more exposure and user base.

On a much more somber note, had a family friend pass away last night and I just wanted to remind you all to tell the people in your life how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate them. Its the little things in life that people truly remember.

Good morning. My condolences to you.

Upvote 0

Really sorry to hear this :(. Have to admit, I'm not the closest person with much of my family. Definitely need to make a better effort on this as I never was before my grandparents passed.

Upvote 0
Good morning all.

Congrats on the app submission. Good work, and keep us updated on progress. And let us know if we can help.

Also, condolences from our family to yours. It really is important to share what people mean to you in everyday life. I learned that many years ago when a really good friend passed. God speed.

Upvote 0
You guys see this?

Better radio, can't wait to get that.

icon1.gif
4.0.4 Unofficial Changelog *Update2 02/05*

http://www.mediafire.com/?l1wxw3exb9195w7

Change to update.zip and flash through stock recovery or CWM *STOCK CDMA NEXUS ONLY*

*02/05 update*
For those having issues, try flashing it with CWM using the toolkit in the dev section.

Root not required but bootloader must be unlocked
1. Download the toolkit
2. Put your phone into fastboot mode
3. Open the toolkit
4. Choose the option to "Boot into Clockwork Mod without permanently flashing it"
5. Once in CWM, choose install from SD card
6. Choose install "update.zip" if you renamed it to that. Otherwise, choose the option to choose the file.
7. Viola!

Work In Progress. Will update as I discover more:
  • Noticeably Faster
  • Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
  • Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
  • New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don't even notice it changing.
  • Improved signal strength
  • New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
  • PRIMELA03 Bootloader
  • Faster boot up time
  • Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
  • Holding down camera button now refocuses again
  • Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
  • Autorotate is faster
  • Browser performance noticeably improved
  • Recent apps list opens faster
  • Miscellaneous camera UI changes
  • Increased volume
  • Keyboard fixes
  • Updated News & Weather app UI
  • Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3. Screenshot here (Update: 02/05)

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your condolences -- it means a lot.

I am already running the new radios, link here for script: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17325-cdmaradiobootloader402-to-404-radio-patches-and-bootloader/

ALSO in amazing news, Chrome Beta!! Syncs open tabs at home, bookmarks, etc all from your Google account. UI looks real nice and feels real snappy.
Google Chrome for Android beta makes its way to Android 4.0 devices | Android and Me

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.android.chrome

6Ez0Y.png

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your condolences -- it means a lot.

I am already running the new radios, link here for script: [CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.2 to 4.0.4 Radio patches and bootloader - RootzWiki

ALSO in amazing news, Chrome Beta!! Syncs open tabs at home, bookmarks, etc all from your Google account. UI looks real nice and feels real snappy.
Google Chrome for Android beta makes its way to Android 4.0 devices | Android and Me

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.android.chrome

6Ez0Y.png

I am excitingly downloading now, stupid connection here at work is going to take forever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones