• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

This is what it looks like on the one vcr we can get it to play on
6c23d496-7066-bb89.jpg

I've requested it from the library so I can go see episode 1 in the theater

Looks like some extra cool special effects to me. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I think I looked at that one. Seems like the hard plastic outer shell didn't cover the sides of the phone entirely. That's what I need for my structural support to keep the pogo pins pressed securely against the phone. I like the Otterbox Defender, but I would have to cut a hole in the inner hard shell and the only structural support providing the force to keep pins in contact would be the flexible silicone cover. I think the Commuter will be the best option as I could cut a hole in the inner liner and mount the pins to the outer hard shell.

Oh trust me it does

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
Anyone use amazon appstore? I think I am going to Not put it on my phone this time around. Sucks trying to re-install it every time I wipe a device. Yes, I could TBU things. Not like I have a bunch of apps. Just thumb keyboard and a couple freebies that I don't really even use.

I don't use it much. I actually bought a couple apps in the market that I had gotten free at Amazon because I don't like having to load 2 app markets.

Upvote 0
Morning Nexination!
So I'm still traipsing through the Steve Jobs bio book (really a fantastic read, highly recommended), and saw a blurb about this on the news this morning:
Steve Jobs FBI File Reveals Bomb Threat, 'Tendency To Distort Reality' And More :eek:
Nothing surprising to me at this point, guy was definitely a wacko. But, his ability to get people to do whatever he said, no matter how impossible it may have seemed was amazing.

Upvote 0
Morning everyone. So I installed the free JuiceDefender to give it a try, but not really digging it. Doesn't play nice with pandora at all. Although I was more trying it for my MIL, she has a stratosphere and is doing nothing but complaining all the time about it, I am trying my hardest to show her how nice Android is. Think I will stick with NFC task manager for my battery control.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I seriously think I may do that myself

I am also thinking about removing it, I check it out for the free apps, but in the last few months it has been mostly games and nothing I would use. Yesterday, I logged into Amazon on the computer and cleaned up the free apps I previously downloaded but don't use. it keeps it from recommending that I update apps I am not using. I also removed any duplicates I can get from the market. If I buy an app, I buy it in the Market.

Upvote 0
Good Morning all, Had two calls yesterday with the one way audio, ugh. One of the tech support folks at Verizon has now said that it is an issue with the DTMF overlapping in calls thereby causing loss of all outgoing communication from the phone. Allegedly there is a software fix coming...we have heard that before. Two questions, first, does anyone have any thoughts, does this make sense. Second, does it appear the new official leaked update corrects this? I have read mention of it in other forums but I trust all of you more...

:)

Upvote 0
Good Morning all, Had two calls yesterday with the one way audio, ugh. One of the tech support folks at Verizon has now said that it is an issue with the DTMF overlapping in calls thereby causing loss of all outgoing communication from the phone. Allegedly there is a software fix coming...we have heard that before. Two questions, first, does anyone have any thoughts, does this make sense. Second, does it appear the new official leaked update corrects this? I have read mention of it in other forums but I trust all of you more...

:)

I have never experienced this issue, so I can't speak for it, but I also don't have too many calls.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I need a little help this morning. I've searched and searched and don't think it's out there, but does anyone know of a Gnex case that has the silicone rubber on the inner layer and the hard plastic on the outter layer with the caveat the plastic has to cover the sides, or at a minimum spot where the 3 pogo pin contacts are?

Let me reitterate for clarity, yes, I want it to cover the pogo pin contacts.

Is this the type you're looking for? Although I don't think this specific one it's compatible with the VZW GNex.

SGP Neo Hybrid for Samsung Galaxy Nexus Case Review - YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones