• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Also anyone up for an Android powered oven by Samsung? Looks pretty neat.

zipel_oven.jpeg

Set it and forget it with Samsung’s new Android-powered oven

Now that's quaint! My wife would probably start cooking if she saw this...can't show it to her though as I'd be the purchaser & she can't cook bless her heart :p

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Now that's quaint! My wife would probably start cooking if she saw this...can't show it to her though as I'd be the purchaser & she can't cook bless her heart :p

I about fell over at the Bless her heart statement. Its such a southern thing. I love it and I mean that in a good way.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your help and trying to understand! You are correct on the setup. No, the wireless is still off, and my phone IS connecting to the correct SSID (the other one doesn't even show.)

Disregarding my setup....I'd simply like to know how to get my phone to connect via a static IP. Has anyone done that yet? If I can get that, I can take it from there. I just don't know what's preventing my phone from letting me push the silly little "connect" button...lol.

Thanks again for the help!

So is the wireless router set up as a DMZ, or do you have it on a different IP segment? Either way (as you know) it shouldn't "see" the other network with your computers/domain so I'm a little fuzzy at why Nessie and your workstation are butting heads. And I would think setting a static IP on your phone should be just as easy as doing it on a workstation/server... key in a valid IP, subnet, gateway, DNS server, and off you go. It's not asking for WINS or something like that, is it? Do you have a gateway on a different segment that the phone doesn't like? For example, if you phone IP is 192.168.1.100 and your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, is the gateway 192.168.2.1? Just random thoughts...

Upvote 0
Ah - the possibilities. And a new standard for flame wars: bake or broil?

Truly, a growth industry for Android mods, to whom you should be saying you're welcome because I've contacted them all worldwide and they said thanks! :D :D :cool: :p

LOL, I never thought of overclocking an oven:D. Maybe we will be like the Jetsons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones