• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I have this stupid thing preventing me from being mor active today. Stupid work:mad:

I hate when that happens! :(

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
asleep.jpg

Cute.

Upvote 0
Does anyone use Download Studio (PC) ? I have been playing with it to download non-searchable You Tubes for later streaming via Mezzmo to the TV. I am taking a free course and each weeks lecture is a You Tube Video, playable only by the link to the site. I am not getting consistent results with the Chrome Extension to dowload the video. Sometimes it works, other times the url sniffer says it has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution. It is a pretty cool program because it does allow you to watch the video on the TV. If anyone else is into current state of affairs, it is an interesting course provided by Hillsdale College on the constitution. Free, ten weeks, you can start whenever you like; the actual course is on week 6, "Religion, Morality and Property" . All the reading material is also provided free of charge and the actual lectures are about 40 minutes a piece.

Upvote 0
In Solaris 10 training all week -- learning some really cool stuff.

Gonna be a busy week - hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!
I'm happy to hear you're learning some cool stuff. That's always a good thing.

"great weekend" is a relative term. I got to spend a couple extra nights in Tokyo since my flight to Bangkok canceled, but the good news is I now get home a day earlier than planned!

Upvote 0
Why no chatter today?
On my way home, have the day off tomorrow. Have to get taxes done, ugh. Shouldn't take too long.
Anyone have fancy plans for the night?
The wife is looking to plan a trip in St Lucia this summer. Anyone been there?

GOOD Evening to you too! No fancy plans, just finished dinner, tonight was Chicken stir fry and Fried rice. It's looking like we will have another spectacular sunset shortly; sitting out on the deck watching the sun go down over the water.

Upvote 0
Why no chatter today?
On my way home, have the day off tomorrow. Have to get taxes done, ugh. Shouldn't take too long.
Anyone have fancy plans for the night?
The wife is looking to plan a trip in St Lucia this summer. Anyone been there?

I think people actually had to work :eek:
Hah, fancy plans. My next fancy plans aren't till May. :(
I can check with my brother to see if that's where he went for his honeymoon. My only trips out of the U.S. have been on cruise ships.

Upvote 0
I agree with BB, I never went to any of my reunions, More than thirty years have passed and I have stayed in touch with the people I was close to. I never quite saw the point of trying to reconnect with the people I was never connected to in the first place. The whole friend thing on Face Book reminds me of the same phenomena.

And to Antimony, congrats on the Valedictorian status!

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
I agree with BB, I never went to any of my reunions, More than thirty years have passed and I have stayed in touch with the people I was close to. I never quite saw the point of trying to reconnect with the people I was never connected to in the first place. The whole friend thing on Face Book reminds me of the same phenomena.

And to Antimony, congrats on the Valedictorian status!

I'm friends with a lot of classmates on Facebook for the sole purpose of not having to then talk to them face to face.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
You know, my 10 year reunion would be next year. I really hated high school and have no intention of going. Culinary school reunion, I would ABSOLUTELY go. Made a ton of great friends there and really am curious to find out what they're doing. Well, aside from the ones I already keep in touch with on FB. I know at least one classmate who has opened a restaurant. It's a ramen shop in Brooklyn. Would love to check it out.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/dining/reviews/chuko-nyc-restaurant-review.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hmm, my ten year reunion HS reunion is in May. I don't really want to go, but I was valedictorian, so I'm afraid I will be given undue pressure to attend, especially since it is my old crowd that's arranging it.

Mine is in June...doesn't it make feel old? :( I think I have an out for mine though. I have some training that I need to attend in Charlotte that week and there's no way I could make it back home on Friday, unpack, re-pack, drive back to my old home town on Saturday and then back to my house that night or the next day. Plus the wife and I may take the weekend after the training and head to the beach before coming home.

Upvote 0
Smarty pants!
(That's awesome though)

I guess the plus of not really talking to anyone after high school was no pressure to go to mine. And I have zero intentions of going to any. My thought is that if I want to see someone, I will but on my terms. Not in a forced setting.

Agreed 100%. I keep in touch with those I want to keep in touch with from high school, which isn't many.

Upvote 0
And Goooooood Morning everyone! Had a bit of a scare last week as some recall. Everything checked out A-OK so we're back to our normal lives.

Went to catch a college baseball game this weekend to enjoy this beautiful weather and took off yesterday to enjoy a day of spring break with the wifey. Took her to see the Hunger Games, which I was pretty excited about seeing myself.

2 hours and 22 minutes run-time and they still couldn't capture the book sufficiently. That movie could have been 4 hours and i would have still sat through it happily eventhough I already know the outcome from the book. They did a great job of bringing the book to life, just skimped out on details, back-story, and flashbacks from Katniss's point of view. Would have love to have seen them concentrate more on Katniss's experience in the games and made it more personal. But like I said, that would've meant a 4 hour movie or splitting the first into 2 movies...which couldn't really be done because it would've split right in the middle of the games...no logical place to cut the movie into two.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones