• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

According to everything I read this am, that was a problem in the past, but no longer. Some of you will recall some phones were actually doing it on their own not but a month or so ago. Verizon says prls are pushed to our phones and we no longer need to force them to update. However they had me do the 22899 thing both when on the phone with them as well as in the store. So far I have not had any issue doing it other than getting to the latest prl..

6tYdI.jpg

Now I am on prl: 52686!

Had to reboot as it doesn't reboot automatically!

Upvote 0
According to everything I read this am, that was a problem in the past, but no longer. Some of you will recall some phones were actually doing it on their own not but a month or so ago. Verizon says prls are pushed to our phones and we no longer need to force them to update. However they had me do the 22899 thing both when on the phone with them as well as in the store. So far I have not had any issue doing it other than getting to the latest prl..

No problem here either and its been recommended on the phone with VZW just a week ago..
On a better note.....after I updated last night....I have a full 4g green signal all day!!!

Upvote 0
Hey y'all!

It is my understanding that dialing *22899 is a great way to fry your LTE SIM. Can't remember where I read it but I know that I did. Anyone with any info on that?

That was probably from ME. I called Tier 2 tech support at Verizon about why my phone kept ghost calling out for programming. I was told that the Nexus is supposed to get all its programming by OTA, and should never be calling out. Too much of this, she said, could, in fact, fry the SIM card... and proceeded to recommend a full data reset (which I understand from others doesn't fix it).

How accurate her statement was is, of course, up for debate; I was just passing along what I was told directly by Verizon.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Glad to see I'm not the only one! :D

HAHA sweet - I love that the SDK is available for developers. I cannot wait to see what people come up with for apps on this thing. Also this part has me so stoked.

Pebble will have an application switcher built in, as well as a real-time operating system so that core functionality such as notifications and the music player remote control can remain available even while an app is in use.

Upvote 0
Geez, if I WORE a watch I'd jump on this. Alas, I haven't worn a watch in years and I won't start just because it's a really COOL watch...

CONGRATS on being a backer though: you're gonna love Pebble! :D

I had no idea how much I looked at my watch until it was in the shop for a couple of days. I admit, I'm a slave to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones