• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

As always looks good stigy.
Happy Thursday/over-the-hump/wish it was Friday-Day to all!!!!
Been busy here working on home server and clients websites all week.....and trying to find a new job.
For those who do not know, although not against any company policy, my finance and I work in the same department, and getting married in September. But our supervisor is a....jerk off...enough....something-or-rather..... and would make an issue of it. So since my other half is vested in her 401k, it falls to me to find another job. Uh huh...easy peasy. NOT!!! Seriously having a hard time finding anything local. So I have turned to my other skills....and doing more programming for now. Still sending out resumes but not getting much response. Hoping for something soon!! Especially since the cost of living in Santa Barbara, CA is SO FREAKING high!!!! But my kids are nearby, so relocation is only an option for a really good opportunity. I would much rather work from home, than relocate.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Upvote 0
I have an iPad so if there's anything I can help with let me know.

My biggest question is regarding settings. Do most iOS apps have them within the app itself or is it common to find them in the System Prefs/Settings app itself?

Not sure where to place the settings since I end up only have 4-5 settings so I figured I could keep them within the app itself, but wanna make sure its easy for iOS users to use.

Lookin good Stigy!

Thanks!

Well back to AOKP. Hoping the redraws won't come back. Made me think of the OG days.

What ROM were you getting redraws on? Also what home app were you using?

Upvote 0
Oh wow! These look freakin sweet! We're supposed to wear them with all white unis this year when we play Texas A&M to commemorate the "Snow Bowl" (last time we played each other).
fsqVX.png

New avatar time!
(Edit: stupid MS paint messes up the png opacity and changes the background to all black. Too much trouble to change it here :()

Upvote 0
As always looks good stigy.
Happy Thursday/over-the-hump/wish it was Friday-Day to all!!!!
Been busy here working on home server and clients websites all week.....and trying to find a new job.
For those who do not know, although not against any company policy, my finance and I work in the same department, and getting married in September. But our supervisor is a....jerk off...enough....something-or-rather..... and would make an issue of it. So since my other half is vested in her 401k, it falls to me to find another job. Uh huh...easy peasy. NOT!!! Seriously having a hard time finding anything local. So I have turned to my other skills....and doing more programming for now. Still sending out resumes but not getting much response. Hoping for something soon!! Especially since the cost of living in Santa Barbara, CA is SO FREAKING high!!!! But my kids are nearby, so relocation is only an option for a really good opportunity. I would much rather work from home, than relocate.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Good luck!!!
(Sorry you have a *insert foul name calling here* boss)

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
What ROM were you getting redraws on? Also what home app were you using?

Liquid 1.25, OC'd to 1.35Ghz, Nova Launcher. Never had this problem before. I actually started uninstalling some previous loaded apps like Draw Something, used Cache Cleaner. It only started a few days ago.
Loaded B32 up now so we'll see how it goes.
(It was a hell of a lot more frustrating with Rhapsody, I'm hoping that goes away as well.)

Upvote 0
My biggest question is regarding settings. Do most iOS apps have them within the app itself or is it common to find them in the System Prefs/Settings app itself?

Not sure where to place the settings since I end up only have 4-5 settings so I figured I could keep them within the app itself, but wanna make sure its easy for iOS users to use.
From what I can tell (I don't have a whole lot on my iPad) the apps that have settings in the actual settings panel are things that have alerts or notifications.
Most apps have a settings menu right in them though.

Upvote 0
From what I can tell (I don't have a whole lot on my iPad) the apps that have settings in the actual settings panel are things that have alerts or notifications.
Most apps have a settings menu right in them though.

Okay that's what I thought. Need to implement settings into the app tonight then. Working on my other functions today if I have downtime at work.

Thinking of implementing a feature to allow users to tweet/FB if they stayed under their point value for the day. For example - "I only used 80% of my allotted Weight Watchers points today!"

Just trying to think of new features, but those will come in a later update.

Upvote 0
Okay that's what I thought. Need to implement settings into the app tonight then. Working on my other functions today if I have downtime at work.

Thinking of implementing a feature to allow users to tweet/FB if they stayed under their point value for the day. For example - "I only used 80% of my allotted Weight Watchers points today!"

Just trying to think of new features, but those will come in a later update.

That's a good idea! Or when someone hits milestones like each 5 pounds lost.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This is very tempting:

SanDisk 32GB Class 4 High-Speed MicroSDHC Card for $14.99.

Wireless Daily Deal, 1 Sale A Day

I have a question:is Class 4 too slow for a 32GB? It's so cheap...and I need more GB for my Atrix!

Haven't seen you in our party here. Well, I just double checked what I had in my OG Droid, it was a Class 2. Don't think I ever put apps on my SD Card, so unless that's a priority for you, Class 4 may be a touch slow. If it's just media, you should be fine.

Upvote 0
Creator of Spanx on the list. Kudos to young women entrepreneurs who make it big!

Sara Blakely - 2012 TIME 100: The Most Influential People in the World - TIME

Whelp, seems to be quite popular. I'm all for au natural, but whatever women need to feel better about their image is cool.
Found out one of our local celebrity chefs, Jose Andres, made the list. They listed him as an activist which I think is awesome. He's done a lot for helping hunger, nutrition that owning a ton of great restaurants almost seems like an afterthought.

Upvote 0
Creator of Spanx on the list. Kudos to young women entrepreneurs who make it big!

Sara Blakely - 2012 TIME 100: The Most Influential People in the World - TIME

Whelp, seems to be quite popular. I'm all for au natural, but whatever women need to feel better about their image is cool.
Found out one of our local celebrity chefs, Jose Andres, made the list. They listed him as an activist which I think is awesome. He's done a lot for helping hunger, nutrition that owning a ton of great restaurants almost seems like an afterthought.
My opinion - There is an occasional need to 'hold the jiggle in' really well which is when Spanx come in handy. Otherwise I have to say they are not my favorite thing because they are so restrictive. I know I know, that's its job. :D

Upvote 0
Haven't seen you in our party here.
:D I've decided to crash in here ^_^ You guys and BB are funny. Seems like there's good camaraderie here, which there aren't much in my device forum :( nor my some ol' forums that I can't access anymore :$ I have been tempted to change my badge just so I can gossip with some ol chums I used to work with here, lol.

Well, I just double checked what I had in my OG Droid, it was a Class 2. Don't think I ever put apps on my SD Card, so unless that's a priority for you, Class 4 may be a touch slow. If it's just media, you should be fine.
I'm thinking it might be slow :( I want to throw in some movies on the SD Card.

Woah I am green now. Thanks to all who supported me and nominated me - it means a lot! :adore: :beer: :thrasher: :dancing:
Congrats Singy! I knew you'd turn Green one of these days ;)

Congrats, well deserved! :cheers:

Just curious what the process is? Not that I think I would want the responsibility with work, but it'd be cool to do more for this awesome place.

You or someone that sees how helpful you are nominate you to Steven58, our new Guide Leader.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones