• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Celery has a horrendous aftertaste to me. I can't even drink V8 because of it.

Haha, oh brother.

smh .... that's three times today Roze...three!
SMH? Three times today for what?
+10

My absolute favorite treat - chocolate covered frozen banana rolled in nuts

banana.jpg

Nothing obscene about it :D
Oh my lord! That looks beyond delicious! All my favourite things in one! Is the white one white chocolate? *drools*

It tastes....green. LOL

It doesn't taste bad. It just tastes green.
Lol, I am thinking it's the spinach that is causing that taste.

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!
So the wife came home early from work yesterday so we could go out. Visited the Portrait Museum downtown. They had a really cool Annie Leibowitz exhibit up. They weren't protraits, but they were of her travels around America documenting famous artifacts. (For example, photos of Lincoln's top hat, a tv that Elvis shot out). It's a gorgeous museum, and like all Smithsonians, free!
We saw the movie Jiro Dreams of Sushi afterwards. A really well made documentary of the undisputed best sushi chef in the world. Still going strong at 85 and has no intentions of retiring anytime soon. That's some dedication there!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Morning all - happy hump day (to some of us).

Trying to find somewhere to take the girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary later this month. Any NJ people have any favorites? I know we all live relatively close to each other at least in Northern NJ.

Having a hell of a time coming up with an iOS icon for my app - anyone good at icon design, etc? This is what I have so far (and screenshot on device below). Just always ends up looking awful once on the iPhone.

SKKI6.png

xV3sf.png

Upvote 0

Trying to find somewhere to take the girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary later this month. Any NJ people have any favorites? I know we all live relatively close to each other at least in Northern NJ.

Having a hell of a time coming up with an iOS icon for my app - anyone good at icon design, etc? This is what I have so far (and screenshot on device below). Just always ends up looking awful once on the iPhone.

SKKI6.png

Get rid of the grey border.

Upvote 0

I think if you enlarge the icon so its the entire block it might help. Or a different color as the background - I agree with svt, the gray is too harsh.
Edit: the other option (after seeing the black and white ones) might be a blue background to match the keys with an outline around the actual calculator.

As for dinner - in Clifton there's a spectacular Italian place called E&V. My brother and his wife like Chakra in Paramus for nice dinners too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd prefer not to head into the city only because I hate driving/parking in the city and public to her area doesn't come often enough to be convenient.

Gotcha. Don't have much of a perspective on transportation up there for you locals. Just took taxis and subways when we were there last year. I would never drive anywhere in Manhattan...traffic was rediculous and road conditions sucked as well. Never seen anything like it. Didn't see any parking available either so I didn't know if that was a secret that only locals knew or if it just wasn't available, lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hmmmm maybe a scale for an app icon? Not sure if that makes sense as its a calculator, BUT it is a weight watchers calculator. Ignore the rough blue edge, tried doing it in Paint at work.

CFW75.png

Stigy - Chart House in Weehawken could be an option too.

Yeah thought about that - its down the block from my job. I can walk there from here and its close to my apartment. Its really nice there - been there once or twice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones