• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I'm sitting here watching the radar as a big blob of heavy rain split perfectly around my house, and is now reconnecting on the other side. We need the rain, and the number of times this happens is infuriating. There has to be something geologically or atmospherically significant that causes the storms to do this.

You got a HAARP station in your backyard or something? :D

Upvote 0
How One Man Faked His Own Internet Death

What does Marc's sick and twisted hoax tell us? To not care? To not trust anything we see online? To not believe in what people ever say, even if they've been trustworthy—helpful, even—before? To not have friends? Maybe. It's the internet, your e-reputation is thrown around when people e-respect you, but easily tossed out because there's no real-world value to it.

But by doing that, it means they—the hurtful pranksters, the cynical, the awful—win. They converted you into one of them. That's not what a community is about. You don't second-guess the people you trust in your life. You don't let an asshole's mistake dull your true friend's problem. You stick around. You offer a shoulder. It's your community. It's your friends. It matters to you, even though it never mattered to them.

Upvote 0
YEOOOWWWW!

Wall Street struggles to find Facebook's worth | Reuters

A possible valuation of $10 a share? Well, all those IPO folks who bought in at $38 a share are going to be hating life for awhile...

"UNLIKE this stock" :D

Yeah I saw that too. The kicker for me was 60% of the stock for the IPO was provided by existing shareholders (ie Zuckerberg and. Co.) so while Morgan Stanley was buying up shares to guarantee the IPO price, facebook stockholders were basically selling off and making a killing, at the expense of the investors stupid enough to buy in.

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone, been busy here. In the summer, we leave the beach and rent our home to vacationers. We are leaving here in the next week and that always means a very busy time. Lots to do to get the house ready for tourist season and us packed up and moved out. We also have to make sure our long term rentals and tenants are set, because we are gone for the whole summer.

BB, so glad you had a great birthday and your face to face exceeded your expectations. Sounds like you are both lucky to have found each other! Sorry to hear about your job, as others have said, when one door closes another often opens.

On an aside, did anyone get an update today? I am unlocked and rooted and running the original leaked 4.04 with the newly released 4.04 radios. Will they even push an update to my phone?

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
And now The Droid Guy's saying it's TOMORROW!

Verizon to seed ICS update to Galaxy Nexus starting tomorrow | Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

I refuse to play this day-by-day game. If and when Verizon sends it to my phone, I'll be a happy Gnexer (I hope). But I'm not going to keep staring at my system update screen, checking for updates on an hourly basis.

EDIT: RIP Eugene Polley. That man saved me a whole lot of walking back & forth as a kid... and I am grateful.

Upvote 0
And now The Droid Guy's saying it's TOMORROW!

Verizon to seed ICS update to Galaxy Nexus starting tomorrow | Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

I refuse to play this day-by-day game. If and when Verizon sends it to my phone, I'll be a happy Gnexer (I hope). But I'm not going to keep staring at my system update screen, checking for updates on an hourly basis.

EDIT: RIP Eugene Polley. That man saved me a whole lot of walking back & forth as a kid... and I am grateful.

Aren't the radios in the screenshot in the article the first radios and not the newest?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones