• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Hey guys/gals!

Been working like crazy lately and want to say Congrats to all the parentals who have grads! To everyone in general, I keep coming back here because of the environment. Favorite forum thread ever (though the epic thread was awesome)!

Sharing a piece of news: my hard work looks to be paying off as I am interviewing for Store Manager in two weeks, day after my 30th. Guess I can't get crazy evening before :(

But the wife gets to work less and get back into school. Once I settle in my role, cos I am certain I will get the position, I too will begin to finish my degree.

Well gotta run for now. Thanks to all you for all you do!

jmar

Upvote 0
I am so proud of my daughter. She stepped outside her comfort circle and participated in the talent show at school tonight. She did really well singing Undo It by Carrie Underwood.

BB and Pup,

There is no feeling as satisfying as pride in our children. I'm happy for both you guys and your children!

Upvote 0
Jmar,

Good luck on the interview. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Ron,

What a productive way to ruin my 30 bday debauchery! But I live for my family first, not for drinking and babysitters! Just ask my close friends. They're always like, "why can't you just get a babysitter and party?" And I say, "because I want to spend time with my wife after she gets home and I can't always afford a babysitter." Oh, and I need whatever sleep I can garner.

Thank you for your support!

jmar

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What do you do with all those other options,
Screen off data action
data action delay
sync action,

etc etc etc. Should I be entering a bunch of settings or leave them to default.

My nexus croaked yesterday after 6 hours off the IV drip with moderate usage.

I'm just not that popular!

Morning all!

For those who are afraid to try Power Saver on AOKP due to the warnings, I've run it since sometime around build 28 and had no problems other than the slight annoyance of having to manually turn mobile data back on ocassionally. It just turns mobile data, or wifi, or both off after a specified time with the screen off. I found it helped greatly at work due to poor service here. However, we now have a mobile wifi network here so I no longer use it.

Upvote 0
So I stayed up late watching movies, because we have free hbo this weekend, well the baby decides 5:30am is a good time to wake up, even though he is grumpy too. Good thing the wifey is away, cause I would surely get in trouble in my mood right now.

Ouch. That is terrible when things happen that way. I'm glad you're catching a break and just have the cranky baby though. Not that a grumpy baby can be fun. Here's to hoping for Daddy/Baby nap time today!!

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
More hiking today, 6.5 miles.

578141_2205859484131_2120491666_n.jpg

179568_2205859084121_1503652237_n.jpg

601053_2205858324102_347999116_n.jpg

582332_2205857564083_566160601_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah no nap for me, I spent the baby nap time doing some things around the house. I'm going to surprise my wife with a spotless house when she gets back. Got the kids room straightened up, fixed a couple things around the house, and cleaned the bathroom. Tonight will do kitchen spotless, and finish the flowerbeds I didn't get to last night. Tomorrow, wash the sheets and clean the floors at nap time.

So halon, I decided to do the whole walking trail otoday that just opened. I didn't know how long it was... Big mistake. Was 6 miles round trip, and the baby was not happy most of the way home, even though he just had to sit.... Kids. ;) I'm beyond exhausted, especially considering it was 90

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Yeah no nap for me, I spent the baby nap time doing some things around the house. I'm going to surprise my wife with a spotless house when she gets back. Got the kids room straightened up, fixed a couple things around the house, and cleaned the bathroom. Tonight will do kitchen spotless, and finish the flowerbeds I didn't get to last night. Tomorrow, wash the sheets and clean the floors at nap time.

So halon, I decided to do the whole walking trail otoday that just opened. I didn't know how long it was... Big mistake. Was 6 miles round trip, and the baby was not happy most of the way home, even though he just had to sit.... Kids. ;) I'm beyond exhausted, especially considering it was 90

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

Upvote 0
6 miles in 90 degree heat with a baby probably not a good idea. LOL. I took my nephew, 11yrs old, last week and did a little over 3 miles and he complained the whole time. He just wanted to play video games.

35 in 9 days.

I agree. I was thinking it was 4 tops. Thankfully both trail heads have water, and I came prepared with a water bottle and mister to keep us cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones