• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Of the cheerleaders, or the donuts? ;)

chris_hansen_large_large.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm about to give up on 4g. The nexus. Verizon. Android. Phones in general. I can't seem to get a device and or a carrier that works for me.

This device definitely works, real time speeds too. Flagship from VZW.
tin-can-phonevzw.jpg

And the new VZW data bucket

tin_bucket_ice_bucket2.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks very much to everyone for the kind birthday wishes!

I've had a crazy busy day, apologies for not being able to stop in until now. My girlfriend's brother and his friend are in for the weekend, we've been doing heavy sightseeing. This morning, my girlfriend made birthday chocolate chip pancakes, then we went to the Sam Adams brewery, and then to the New England Aquarium. As if that wasn't enough, afterwards we went to Wan's, the sandwich place I've described here previously, for lunch, and then out to one of our favorite bars for the night with a big crew of friends. All in all a pretty fun day. :)

Upvote 0
Good Morning all! Glad to hear the Bday was good RS. I forgot to mention, for Father's Day, my kids gave me a grilling apron with their hand- and footprints on it. The handprints had their names in their favorite color, and the footprints were lined up next to each other, and were red, yellow, and white, with "ketchup", "mustard", and "mayo" written on them. I thought it was very creative of them (my wife ;)) to think of that...

Upvote 0
I didn't get a chance to check the Microsoft press release so thanks for posting those links. I'll definitely have to check them out later.

So my phone saga continues... I've had my Razr Maxx for about 24 hours now. It's a nice device, but I'm having some problems with it. It's definitely not as smooth as my Nexus. Most menus have quite a bit of lag in them and I'm hoping ICS will fix that. It also seems that many things aren't formatted properly for the screen, as in things are cut off. I wonder if that's because of Gingerbread, or that the screen is a little smaller, or both? Finally, whenever it vibrates, it makes quite a loud rattling noise, like something is loose inside. These are things I'm not sure I can live with, but what's more important... lag or making a phone call?

I'm about to call Verizon to see if they will send me another Razr Maxx.

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!
Just reading through Engadget's take on the Surface. Looks like they had next to no hands on time with them, so really, what was the point? The keyboard looks cool, but again, no working demo. They didn't tell them what SoC it's running, perhaps a Tegra 3? There is supposed to be a Core i5 though, which sounds intriguing.
I guess my take was it's borderline vaporware with so few details given.

Upvote 0
Good morning everyone!

Quick funny story about this morning. I get to a different Starbucks near the train and I order my drink. The girl making it asks for my name for the cup, but before I can say it the cashier calls out my name. I was really confused - how could she know my name? Did I know her from school or something? Nope ... my name is printed on my Starbucks card. D'oh.

Upvote 0
Good morning everyone!

Quick funny story about this morning. I get to a different Starbucks near the train and I order my drink. The girl making it asks for my name for the cup, but before I can say it the cashier calls out my name. I was really confused - how could she know my name? Did I know her from school or something? Nope ... my name is printed on my Starbucks card. D'oh.

I thought you were going to give Stigy as your name. ;)

Upvote 0
I'll be the first to say congrats to Jmar for going GREEN! :thumbup::beer:

Yep, the greenification of the GNex Watering Hole continues! Congrats jmar!

Congrats on going green jmar

Congrats jmar!

Congrats jmar!!!!!

Thank you all. Gotta run for now! Work till 4p. Then home to take care of some work relates admin stuff and then get around to my AF training afterward. I will probably pop in on my breaks today!

Thank you so much y'all!

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones