• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

What you say may be true, but since I won't be comparing my phone to others it really won't bother me. It looks great by itself and I can see it WAY better in the sunlight than my thunderbolt, that's enough for me :)

Yeah the charge looked great in sunlight too. I'm looking forward to testing my new baby out if we get some sun around here again soon!

Upvote 0
Okay guys, got my 2nd exchange. The manager had to get involved, because they don't do second exchanges.

Unbelievable. I think they got a bad first batch or something, because this 3rd one is leaps and bounds better than the first two!

What the frak!

Whites are better, blacks are deep, and I tested the artifacts in the test video that jkc posted a while ago, with no problems.

Lag is completely gone.

I have no idea what the heck happened, but I feel really good about this one.

Also, I must retract my HTC-is-better statement. The blacks and colors on this display run circles around the HTC one.

I think I finally got a keeper!

Upvote 0
That's what she said

Yeah I kind of had to go with the standard back..I have 2 TPU cases, and the one that I like more didn't fit right with the extended cover on it. It was so squeezed in there that the volume rockers were being pushed in. I think it should be fine for a long time.

You can easily cut out the TPU case's volume buttons to solve that.

Upvote 0
Okay guys, got my 2nd exchange. The manager had to get involved, because they don't do second exchanges.

Unbelievable. I think they got a bad first batch or something, because this 3rd one is leaps and bounds better than the first two!

What the frak!

Whites are better, blacks are deep, and I tested the artifacts in the test video that jkc posted a while ago, with no problems.

Lag is completely gone.

Also, I must retract my HTC-is-better statement. The blacks and colors on this display run circles around the HTC one.

what video is that? i dont have another to compare it to and cant make it to the store for a while, so id like to check the video out if i can

Upvote 0
Someone over at XDA found this regarding the Awake Time and battery drain issue.

xda-developers - View Single Post - AudioOut_1 wake lock?

I've had both those unchecked the whole time. My battery life has not been as bad as the charge, which was still the best 4g life from what I understand. I would have to plug in over night or even with no use it would almost always die. My Gnex is doing fine over night with little to no major battery loss.

Upvote 0
I've had both those unchecked the whole time. My battery life has not been as bad as the charge, which was still the best 4g life from what I understand. I would have to plug in over night or even with no use it would almost always die. My Gnex is doing fine over night with little to no major battery loss.

Post your Android OS usage (ie. the time of Keep Awake).

Upvote 0

What the frak!

Lag is completely gone.

Woohooo!!!!

Upvote 0
Really looking for a good case for the phone. Not many have mentioned the Incipio cases. Anyone know if it works with the extended battery? Is it durable? Does it add any bulk? Anyone? Anyone?

Great sturdy cases. First layer tends to stretch in my experience so if you take your case on and off frequently, I don't think it's a good case to use.

I'd be surprised if the extended battery didn't fit seeing as the standard back still works.

I find them too bulky but it's such a slim phone it may be negligible for you.

Reactions: woodstorm
Upvote 0
when you go to your battery...what does the android os percentage say? and i think they would like to see a screenshot of then screen that shows up if you tap the "android os" and get the details of it

I just plugged it in so I can't see the details when I tap anymore? but the android OS on the main battery screen says 27%

Edit: Oh I guess I can - cpu says just over 1 hr and keep awake says just over 5 hrs.

Upvote 0
Great sturdy cases. First layer tends to stretch in my experience so if you take your case on and off frequently, I don't think it's a good case to use.

I'd be surprised if the extended battery didn't fit seeing as the standard back still works.

I find them too bulky but it's such a slim phone it may be negligible for you.

That's what I figured. Only time I take the case off is for battery pulls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones