• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Morning all! Google I|O is almost here! Exciting for all us Nexus folks. (Although most of us are on VZW, which takes most of that excitement away, :rolleyes:)
Cool. :) Any other announcements expected besides the N7?
But hey, if you dont' like the best tennis player since Pete Sampras, then that's on you ;)
Oh, you mean Federer? :p

Upvote 0
Good to see I'm not the only Woot-off-a-holic here Stig :)

I got a Roomba in a BOC one time - sold it on eBay for $150. Pretty sweet deal.

I'd bet we see some Jelly Bean stuff on the GSM Nexus (Play Store) and the N7. Excited to see what they have in store for us!

Upvote 0

I guest the I/O companion app was updated with a bunch of GoogleTV stuff, so maybe we'll see some excitement in that area.

Man...if only women were this desperate back when I was in high school. First the 24 year old assistant cheerleading coach and the 17 year old basketball player, and now this:

Hmmm... In Evan's kindergarted class there are seven boys and 15 girls. That is the ratio throughout the district for his class. His high school years should be fun. My high school years were during the grunge era, man did I get screwed. Went from the miniskirts and halter tops of the 80's to sweats and flannel.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Someone posted this on Facebook. Be prepared to seriously ROFL:
3b8.jpg
:)
HA!! Liam Neeson = BAD ASS. I love that movie.

Morning all! Busy week for me - helping get all the house chores done early in the week in prep for a cruise Saturday!!! Its a 5 day to Bermuda from Jersey. Woohoo.

JEALOUS!!! I love love LOVE Bermuda. We went in 2010 on our anniversary. We have almost 7 months til our next cruise (in January). I'm starting to twitch a little. Have a fantastic time!!!

Speaking of storm fronts, we got some thunderstorms last night. Of course, since it's NC, they were cleassified as Severe. The majority of them formed just south of us so we didn't get the worst of it, but the thunder still upset my poor dog Molly, who's terrified of them. We put on her Thundershirt and my wife snapped a pic with her iSheep device. It's not the clearest pic as Molly wouldn't sit still, but she's so cute in her Thundershirt!

I know people who SWEAR by Thundershirts (and for more than just storms). We got some of those storms yesterday also. In fact, they're fairly sure a week tornado hit nearby. Took down part of a brick building a couple blocks from my work, some fencing and seats at the baseball diamond nearby, and dozens of trees in houses and on cars. Building security came through and told us all to get to the basement yesterday, and only 3 out of the 8 people in my office went. I'm sorry, but when someone in uniform goes door to door in an office building and tells everyone to get to the basement, guess who's butt is gonna be the first one on that stairwell? That's right...MINE. The stupid meeting can wait. Bunchadumba$$es.

Upvote 0
Movie discussion time. Magic Mike.

Men, is your wife/gf/fiance going to see it with your approval, going to see it much to your chagrin, not going to see it but only because you disapprove, or not going to because they don't want to see it?

Women, are you going to see it and how does your SO feel if you are? Also how would you allow him to see a similar movie with female stars?

Upvote 0

Men, is your wife/gf/fiance going to see it with your approval, going to see it much to your chagrin, not going to see it but only because you disapprove, or not going to because they don't want to see it?
Happy to say my girlfriend has no interest in going to see this movie.

EDIT: Amended an overly harsh statement.

Upvote 0

Women, are you going to see it and how does your SO feel if you are? Also how would you allow him to see a similar movie with female stars?

I am going to see it. I doubt DSB will have a problem with it. And if a similar movie came out with female stars I'd see that one too. Either with him or I'd go alone if he was going with a bunch of guy friends.

Upvote 0
Happy to say my girlfriend has no interest in going to see this movie.

EDIT: Amended an overly harsh statement.

LOL! at the EDIT My wife says she has no interest and I'm inclined to believe her. Seeing as how she would pitch a fit if I saw a similar movie, she either genuinely has no interest or knows how it would make her feel so she doesn't want to out of respect for me. Either way I'm glad that's her decision.

I do know some that would never be ok with their husbands seeing a similar movie but at the same time they're drooling over this movie and their husbands better not stand in their way of seeing it.

Then again I know some like you, BB, who want to see it and would have no qualms at all with their husband seeing a similar movie aimed at them.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
@BabyBlues - Thanks! Yes, she's adorable and that's the only thing that's kept her around all these years. ;) I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

@dreadnatty08 - Yup, ICS looks positively awesome for the Razr. Can't wait to get it on mine.

@dawnierae - I love that movie too. Liam Neeson is just awesome. Long live Qui-Gon Jinn! Glad to hear you guys are OK after the storms. And I'm the same way... someone tells me to hit the deck because of severe weather, I'll be the first one.

@svt_gEEk - Wife and I have absolutely no desire (pardon the pun ;)) to see Magic Mike. We both like Matthew McConaughey, but the movie just doesn't interest us. And if Spousal Unit wanted to see it with some girfriends, she's absolutely welcome to go. We have a very strong relationship and stuff like that doesn't bother us. If she wanted to go to a Chippendale show and watch the dancers smear each other with peanut butter, that's perfectly fine by me. She's more inclined to watch a horror movie and the more zombies and/or decapitations, the happier she is. I'm a lucky guy, what can I say? :D

Upvote 0
Strange question:
So, we're going through our finances since we're planning a trip (!), and looking at our joint account which we use just to pay bills. Well, I realized I hadn't paid an electric bill in forever and panic'd since I thought it was set up for automatic payments. Well, I found out it was, and there hasn't been a bill since March! :eek:
So, I'm not quite sure what to do from here? There's obviously been bills, but their site isn't showing them. Not sure if there's a glitch or what's going on. :thinking:
We have the money if they want to come back and slap us with a big bill for several months, but I kind of just want to ride it out. Anyone else have this happen before?

Upvote 0
Strange question:
So, we're going through our finances since we're planning a trip (!), and looking at our joint account which we use just to pay bills. Well, I realized I hadn't paid an electric bill in forever and panic'd since I thought it was set up for automatic payments. Well, I found out it was, and there hasn't been a bill since March! :eek:
So, I'm not quite sure what to do from here? There's obviously been bills, but their site isn't showing them. Not sure if there's a glitch or what's going on. :thinking:
We have the money if they want to come back and slap us with a big bill for several months, but I kind of just want to ride it out. Anyone else have this happen before?

Best to call them and notify them of their error. Had something similar happen and then they eventually caught it and got hit with a HUGE bill. Notify them, pay it off, make sure you continue to be charged on a monthly basis.

Edit: You're married and have joint and separate accounts?

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Best to call them and notify them of their error. Had something similar happen and then they eventually caught it and got hit with a HUGE bill. Notify them, pay it off, make sure you continue to be charged on a monthly basis.

Edit: You're married and have joint and separate accounts?

Yeah, probably the right thing to do. Sucks as I imagine with the last month or two our AC use has killed us.

As to the accounts, well, we're newly weds and young and are new at this so yeah. Just brought the wife over to my bank as they offer fantastic services (USAA). :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, probably the right thing to do. Sucks as I imagine with the last month or two our AC use has killed us.

As to the accounts, well, we're newly weds and young and are new at this so yeah. Just brought the wife over to my bank as they offer fantastic services (USAA). :)

Just curious. People do it different ways. I had originally proposed setting up 3 checking accounts and one savings account. A joint checking where all income is deposited. A joint savings account where auto transfers put a certain amount every time we're paid. Then have 2 separate checking accounts where the same amount of spending money is transfered to each monthly. We decided it was best to just have everything under a joint checking and a joint savings because some things would be hard to justify whether it should come out of the joint or our spending money. So we just run things by each other before we make purchases. Cuts down on the amount of account numbers we have to keep up with too, lol. Find what works for you, that's all that matters :)

How long you been married?

Upvote 0
Strange question:

I have had this happen before. You should call them. For me, what happened was they were estimating my usage for three months and then reading the meter for two months. Well, they read the meter for July & August when the house I was in had an inground pool and central AC and estimated September, October, & November. When they read the meter in December we had "prepaid" for about 2 1/2 months of electricity so they stopped billing us.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Strange question:

Definitely call them. You want to make sure that they don't have you down as "delinquent" which could affect your credit score or lead to a shut-off. I had autopay but then the utility changed hands and they screwed up the record, so I skated on payments for six months, thinking it was autopay, then got a whopper of a bill with penalties. They straightened it all out, but could have been a lot worse. Once the credit bureaus get some bad info, it's really hard to get it removed.

Upvote 0
Geek, we just passed our 1 year anniversary, so not long at all! She prefers some of her accounts stay with Wells Fargo (way to save especially). I know my folks generally keep accounts in a couple banks (one local, one USAA) as well. Don't recall the reasoning. I just don't want to be funding the wife's shopping "tendencies". ;)

Well, congrats on 1 year! We're coming up on 3 in August. Still consider that newlyweds, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones