• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Well, they're losing my family:

My iPhone sister and her son saw how Apple iOS changes, but the same phone w/the same little screen. He tried an SGS2 and loves it. Now she's cooling her heels until her AT&T contract runs out in a couple of months, slobbering all over the SGS3.

She texted me: "What's this Ice Cream thing?" :D

I called her to explain. Now she's slobbering even more: you don't have to buy a new phone to get an updated OS? Imagine that!

Reactions: ajdroidx
Upvote 0
Well, they're losing my family:

My iPhone sister and her son saw how Apple iOS changes, but the same phone w/the same little screen. He tried an SGS2 and loves it. Now she's cooling her heels until her AT&T contract runs out in a couple of months, slobbering all over the SGS3.

She texted me: "What's this Ice Cream thing?" :D

I called her to explain. Now she's slobbering even more: you don't have to buy a new phone to get an updated OS? Imagine that!

And then there's Jelly Bean. ;)

Upvote 0
Because they're scared of competition and the precedent that Steve Jobs made by trying to kill Android any way possible. It's a huge point of contention with Android fans (myself included) and it's gotten to the point that judges are literally telling both parties to "cut it out".
You can sift through some of the latest articles here:
Apple And Samsung -- Engadget

Thank you!!

Ah, I found what I was looking for via the link you sent (don't ask me how I found it now when I couldn't before lol). :) This is what I was after. Are they claiming any other infringements by Samsung?

Apple needs a good Gibbs Slap, IMHO.

Upvote 0
Sun pillar :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341368954505.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341368954505.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Ok, did they remove it because of the lawsuit, or did they just run out of stock???

Galaxy Nexus @ Google Play

I'm SO glad my boyfriend and I bought ours a few days ago! Mine will be here day after tomorrow... w00000t!

Edit: And there it is: http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/3/31...vailable-to-purchase-from-google-play-website

Edit 2: They're mistaken in this. That statement has been there since news went big about the phone getting JB.

Update: We're still waiting to hear back from Google, but in the meanwhile the company appears to have updated its Galaxy Nexus page slightly. The description of the phone now reads "Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (soon with Android 4.1, Jelly Bean)," which suggests that maybe the company merely stopped selling devices without the new update.

Upvote 0
Ok, did they remove it because of the lawsuit, or did they just run out of stock???

Galaxy Nexus @ Google Play

I'm SO glad my boyfriend and I bought ours a few days ago! Mine will be here day after tomorrow... w00000t!

Edit: And there it is: Galaxy Nexus no longer available to purchase from Google Play website, will return next week | The Verge

Edit 2: They're mistaken in this. That statement has been there since news went big about the phone getting JB.

Yep mine will be here Thursday as well. However I am not happy about the way the link I posted reads like they are dumbing down the search functions which I don't like but some people are also saying that the NOW cards feature will go as well because of this patch?
I did not buy the phone to end up with "less than" everything it can do before the patch.

Upvote 0
Yep mine will be here Thursday as well. However I am not happy about the way the link I posted reads like they are dumbing down the search functions which I don't like but some people are also saying that the NOW cards feature will go as well because of this patch?
I did not buy the phone to end up with "less than" everything it can do before the patch.

I'm not that familiar yet with what the Now cards actually are. The only real thing I was seriously lookiing forward to was the S Voice, which I'm sure will be broken in some way (I've read that people weren't pleased with it to begin with, but I have bad eyesight so it would still help me out a lot). As for the search function, I don't use that feature of my phone often enough to miss it if it were to completely disappear. However, I get what you're saying. A lot of people use their phones more heavily than I, so you (and everyone else) have a legitimate complaint there.

Am I the only one who thinks this whole apple/android/samsung lawsuit thing is worse then the Metallica/Napster thing?

No, I agree with you!

Well... how geeky are you?

Looks like a theoretical particle has been proven. A new boson fitting the description of the higgs boson has been found. Who says you can't get something for nothing. :)

The whatsawhosit? No idea what that is exactly lol.

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!
DC is STILL reeling from the storm. Some folks won't have power until the end of the week and temps are looking to stay in the mid to upper 90s the rest of the week.
Already seen there's ROMs out for the Nexus 7! :eek: Doesn't add much more other than basic root things, but it's a start. I'm hoping once I get mine AOKP will be updated to JB and have a ROM for it! :D
Still haven't rooted my Prime, but I think the N7 will be my new ROMing play toy. :)

Happy 4th to you all! Have a fun and safe day with friends and family (and hopefully lots of food!). I'll be at work all day so no real celebration for me.

Upvote 0
Well... how geeky are you?

Looks like a theoretical particle has been proven. A new boson fitting the description of the higgs boson has been found. Who says you can't get something for nothing. :)

They should have named it the Pope Boson... it gives Mass to all the other particles :p

:rolleyes:

EDIT: No offense intended, I'm just in a punny mood this morning :)

Upvote 0

The devs will find a way to reinstate it just like they did the features HTC had to disable. Don't worry about this at all. Just stick with us and you'll be fine. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones