• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Anyone mind dropping an opinion below? Trying to get an idea of which is more pleasing on the eye for my app layout. The first screenshot is a darker background with each "section" blocked off by a lighter gray box. The second screenshot is a consistent light gray background, but with larger titles separating each section. Or do you think I use the light gray backgrounds with no larger titles? Not sure which I truly like better although I am leaning one way, thanks!

TnEdO.png

9U2Ro.png

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I've been away for a couple of in Vegas, and I had a great time. No gambling for me, so it was a all good :) I saw two Cirque Du Soleil productions, and boy were they jaw-dropping. Just outstanding and it left me speechless.

The Venetian Resort is also outstanding, the rooms are massive.

I went to Vegas in October and also didn't gamble a cent. Had such a wonderful time as the place feels like make-believe. We stayed at Caesar's Palace and perused through all of the hotels for fun. Amazing place, glad you liked it.

Upvote 0
I personally like the second one Stig.

I can only see them on my phone, but I agree with geek, I like the second one.

second one.

And that's the one I was leaning towards - thx!

Gonna make some tweaks to it, but I got it mostly laid out correctly in Eclipse. Just need to understand this Fragment and new Tab stuff. It's quite confusing, but I am sure I will get the hang of it.

Upvote 0
If anyone is interested I can have 4 people on Amazon Prime, just found this out. I have been sharing it with 2 other people for about 4 or 5 years now, we split the cost. You would have use of free 2 day shipping but not any of the Instant Video service or Kindle book benefits. One of my sisters might take a spot. So if interested...first come, first serve.

Reactions: Speed Daemon
Upvote 0
If anyone is interested I can have 4 people on Amazon Prime, just found this out. I have been sharing it with 2 other people for about 4 or 5 years now, we split the cost. You would have use of free 2 day shipping but not any of the Instant Video service or Kindle book benefits. One of my sisters might take a spot. So if interested...first come, first serve.
Just saw that today, but since I am still on a student account I can't even share my membership. Pretty neat though.

Upvote 0
You mean to say that all this time I could have been sharing my free 2-day shipping privileges with my mom and other loved ones? :banghead:

Good to know now, anyway. How do I do it? Can I link an existing account?

Upvote 0
OT :rolleyes:

More evidence of the cosmic connection between humans and animals. Pretty amazing story.

Lawrence Anthony, a legend in South Africa and author of 3 books including the bestseller The Elephant Whisperer, bravely rescued wildlife and rehabilitated elephants all over the globe from human atrocities, including the courageous rescue of Baghdad Zoo animals during the US invasion in 2003.

On March 7, 2012 Lawrence Anthony died. He is remembered and missed by his wife, 2 sons, 2 grandsons and numerous elephants.

Two days after his passing, a remarkable thing happened. The wild elephants showed up at his home led by two large matriarchs. Separate wild herds arrived in droves to say goodbye to their beloved man-friend. A total of 20 elephants had patiently walked over 12 miles to get to his South African house.

Witnessing this spectacle, many people were obviously in awe, not only because of the supreme intelligence and precise timing that these elephants sensed about Lawrence's passing, but also because of the profound memory and emotion that the beloved animals evoked in such an organized way: Walking slowly - for days - making their way in a solemn one-by-one queue from their habitat to his house.

Lawrence's wife, Francoise, was especially touched, knowing that the elephants had not been to his house prior to that day for well over a year, yet they knew where they were going. The elephants obviously wanted to pay their deep respects, honoring their friend who'd saved their lives - so much respect that they stayed for 2 days and 2 nights. Then one morning, they left, making their long journey back home.

For the full story, see:
Rescued elephant herds inexplicably gather to mourn South Africa

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have never, ever in my life heard anyone say those words...

Oh, so it wasn't the beautiful mountains or beaches in Kansas that you hate leaving... :)

I hadn't ever heard those words said either but for a girl raised in close proximity to NYC it is a welcome change of pace. But yes, the main reason for not wanting to leave is more because of who, not what. :)

Upvote 0
Update - a delay has deplaned us. Right now its estimated for 2 hours due to weather issues in Atlanta. Here's hoping my connection in Atlanta gets the same delay.

Hate to hear that hon. Wish I could help you out, but I'm stuck on the other side of the world in Tokyo. Had a gorgeous sunrise approach and landing two hours ago after flying all night from LAX. It's rare to be that clear here and get such a view of Fujiama. Took this one with the Nexus.

XBRWAXRM

Upvote 0
Hate to hear that hon. Wish I could help you out, but I'm stuck on the other side of the world in Tokyo. Had a gorgeous sunrise approach and landing two hours ago after flying all night from LAX. It's rare to be that clear here and get such a view of Fujiama. Took this one with the Nexus.

Gorgeous pic Captain! I don't know if I'd handle a flight that long very well. I have all the respect for those of you who fly and especially for the flight attendants who get to deal with all the irate people.
Right now my connection is delayed and gives me 41 minutes to make it. Fingers crossed I make it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones