• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Oh double post, but we lost someone from the VW community on Monday - just found out yesterday. 31 years young and a great dude - met him once or twice, but chatted with him a bunch online. So sad to see people go so young and he had a gorgeous car as well. Just remember to cherish every day.

5949621544_b5bb783704_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Morning all! Have fun camping Ryan! Our family goes to an RV park in Lake George NY every year. Its princess camping. :D........trailer has AC/heat, shower, microwave and the campground has wifi, full hookups for water and electric and sewer. Plus showers that are really nice. Pools and 2 little movie screening rooms. Yeah, BB doesn't do camping in the traditional sense.

We joke that we didn't camp, we played house. Had the camper (small house) and golf cart (small car) for making our way around the campground.:D

Upvote 0
See if you can get to this radar loop. This is one reason I love living in the south in the summer. However, the underlying cause (heat and humidity) is what I hate about summers in the south, haha.

NEXRAD radar image(s) [KHTX N0R]

We were apparently right in the middle of several storms, literally within a couple of miles on either side. We got nothing except light rain but you could see the heavy rain and lightning on both sides of us.

Welcome to my life :p

Upvote 0
Welcome to my life :p

It's all I've ever known Anti...lived here all my life. The heat and humidity are not my friends. I love those thunderstorms in the afternoon and night though. For some reason I find them soothing as long as there isn't any tornadic activity.

As for the hit or miss rain, yeah...I've seen that all my life too. Living in Mississippi for a long time, we would see strong storm lines cross the Mississippi River and just completely die in the delta before the rain ever got to us. So I feel your pain. We've actually gotten a good bit of rain the last week, so I didn't miss it too much yesterday.

Upvote 0
Good morning all. Just woke up from sleeping 12 hours. I don't mean to one up traveling stories, but yesterday? I first flew all night from Tokyo to Detroit. Then to get home I flew to Denver then Salt Lake City then Grand Junction then drove 1.5 hours home. Had dinner and a glass of wine with the wife then crashed.

Now I'm wide awake and can't wait to flash JB 3.7!

Upvote 0
Good morning all! Back from beautiful White Sulphur Springs, WV for my company's Annual Conference at The Greenbrier, wishing I had taken today and tomorrow off to recover. Hope everyone is well. Pup, wish Evan a happy belated birthday for me. svt - sorry to hear about the job stress. I feel your pain. BB - glad you had fun in KS.

Will do, thanks. He was tickled last night when I showed him all the posts where you folks wished him Happy Birthday. It was really fun to see. He sits on my lap a lot when I am on here and knows most of your avatars so its cool.

BTW, your the lady with the smashed face:rolleyes::D

Upvote 0
Good morning all. Just woke up from sleeping 12 hours. I don't mean to one up traveling stories, but yesterday? I first flew all night from Tokyo to Detroit. Then to get home I flew to Denver then Salt Lake City then Grand Junction then drove 1.5 hours home. Had dinner and a glass of wine with the wife then crashed.

Now I'm wide awake and can't wait to flash JB 3.7!

I don't see that as one upping anyone. You're flight schedules and travelling hours are really kinda crappy from my point of view. Then again, I don't know how any of you fly that much. I had an easier time this round with some help from my new friend Bonine but I can still feel every freaking little change in everything when we're in the air and can't hear a darn thing between takeoff and landing

Upvote 0
Just to change topics for a MOMENT:

Is everyone here having reasonably moderate success with the FC02 radios who are on it? I'm on Android 4.1.1 but still have the EK02 radios. They work quite well for me. I suppose I could always flash back to them if FC02 is worse... but wanted your input as to whether I should even bother flashing the newer ones.

Thanks!

Back to your stuff, sorry to interrupt :eek:

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
No good can come from a company stating their political stance on controversial issue....so why do they continue to do so?? SMH

You are a company. Not a person, but a collection of people. The CEO's view is most likely not consistent across every employee there. So keep it to yourself. You aren't going to gain any customers by coming out in support of or against abortion, gay marriage, etc...but you probably will offend some that will call for a boycott either way you go.

Upvote 0
Oh double post, but we lost someone from the VW community on Monday - just found out yesterday. 31 years young and a great dude - met him once or twice, but chatted with him a bunch online. So sad to see people go so young and he had a gorgeous car as well. Just remember to cherish every day.

5949621544_b5bb783704_b.jpg

Sorry to hear that man. Went through the same thing in the Focus community several weeks back.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones