• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Probably me that posted it, I put it up in here and in the pre-release thread. I haven't tried it yet though personally, will probably wait until the Nexus arrives. No more room on my Droid. :(

At least your is still working. Mine finally died. The digitizer was going out and it was randomly texting garbled junk, making calls, and it created about 40 different alarms which went off at different times. Then the microphone stopped working. This has all been since the beginning of November.

I was going to get a replacement phone - but everyone know the GNex will be out in a couple of days. So, why get a replacement phone for just a week. Here we are 6 weeks later.... :)

Needless to say - my wife has been giving me crap. "How is that new phone working out for you?"

Upvote 0
I agree about no more room on droid. I have moved everything I can to my card and it still tells me I am low on space. Grrr! But the phone still works fine so I guess I am good until the Gnex finally makes its debut. I just can't update any more apps or add any more to my phone.

I keep deleting apps to make room for others. I cannot wait to get a new phone. I'm on my 3rd replacement OG Droid and this one is on its way out. I tried to get a Rezound as a rental until the Nexus came out but the manager told me my phone was still under warranty. So I called Asurion (never using them again) and they told me that since my power button is depressed into my phone (just one of the problems with it) that it voids the warranty. I said "so because the power button, which I use to turn the phone on and off is depressed into the phone due to me you know turning the phone on and off it voids the warranty"? They said yes. I hung up. Ugh!!

Upvote 0
I hope all of the Verizon users get their Galaxy Nexus soon. (I feel like they shafted you guys pretty bad.) I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I just got home from work and unboxed mine. It feels so amazing to finally have it, and exceeds my expectations by far. Now It's time to go root it. :)

Edit: And now everyone in this thread hates me. :/

Upvote 0
I hope all of the Verizon users get their Galaxy Nexus soon. (I feel like they shafted you guys pretty bad.) I don't want to rub it in or anything, but I just got home from work and unboxed mine. It feels so amazing to finally have it, and exceeds my expectations by far. Now It's time to go root it. :)
Wow, lucky! How/where did you get one? Do you mind if we ask you some questions about it?

Also, pictures would go a long way towards forgiveness. ;)

Upvote 0
Wow, lucky! How/where did you get one? Do you mind if we ask you some questions about it?

Also, pictures would go a long way towards forgiveness. ;)

It's because I'm on T-Mobile. :) Gotta love being able to import a GSM version. I was sick of waiting to see if or if not T-Mobile was going to release it. So I decided to spend the extra $100, and alleviate my pain.

If you want I can post pictures, but it's nothing new. Since quite a few other people have the international version here.

Upvote 0
Hard to think that 51 hours from now we'll ALL be sporting Nexi :D

I have prepared my heartfelt goodbye post to the EPIC thread. It's a little long but gets the point across. Been a helluva ride, I figured a nice "thanks and farewell" would be in order.

Are you guys going to say anything Thursday morning before it's locked? :thinking:

I like your optimism Chief. However, this old Air Force guy has his doubts about the 15th. If it happens I'll be excited about having a working phone again after almost 3 months, but if it doesn't I may have to look at a RAZR instead.

Upvote 0
I like your optimism Chief. However, this old Air Force guy has his doubts about the 15th. If it happens I'll be excited about having a working phone again after almost 3 months, but if it doesn't I may have to look at a RAZR instead.

Suit yourself, Backs. I'm not about to trash talk the RAZR: it's a great phone. But Nexus is my baby, there has been too much confirmation about the 15th from VZW AND 3rd party retailers, and My Rep has set a time Thursday for me to be there.

The only thing that would halt this now is a really stupid move by Verizon to delay it... which would mean shooting out an e-mail and hoping absolutely EVERYONE sees it. Which I highly doubt will happen: too much momentum at this point.

Not that Verizon has EVER made a really stupid move :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hard to think that 51 hours from now we'll ALL be sporting Nexi :D

I have prepared my heartfelt goodbye post to the EPIC thread. It's a little long but gets the point across. Been a helluva ride, I figured a nice "thanks and farewell" would be in order.

Are you guys going to say anything Thursday morning before it's locked? :thinking:

I want to but I do not give good letter.

:(

Upvote 0
Hello all, thought I would start checking the watering hole in preparation for the upcoming release (and closure of a certain epic thread). Only 26 hours before I get my Blackberry killer and my wife gets her husband back, right....

And good morning!

"Right..." is the correct answer. The only way she will get you back is to do an intervention, and maybe some tech rehab. After you reach ten posts you can't just stop, it's not physically possible. I was the same way at one time, and now I'm on the staff.

Upvote 0
Stream All Your Media From Your Computer To Your Device With Zumocast [Download]

That has a link that lets you download the Motorola app ZumoCast, which lets you sync your phone with your computer, for any phone! :D As for your bookmarks, if you have Google Chrome and the Galaxy Nexus, the built-in ICS browser can sync your Chrome bookmarks. Hope that helps!

That's what I'm looking for I think. I use Chrome on my older computers and have it on my laptop,, but I'm just not completely comfortable with it yet. I'm a firefox guy, but I guess I should go to Chrome so I then could get the "Total Google Experience".

Upvote 0
Hey all!!!! Got the Sonogram done today!!!!
The HB is 182BPM and my wife is 9 weeks and 4 days along, with a estimated delivery date of 7/14/2011. I cant wait :) Heres the best pic :) Im soooo relieved its only 1 and its in great health :) If you look suuuuuper close you can make out the eye area and the nose :)

editedsonogram.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Im hoping for a Girl:

Lily Marie-Elizabeth

if its a boy:

Aiden Matthew

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones