1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Galaxy Nexus Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sayanroyc, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sayanroyc

sayanroyc New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    I have had the Galaxy Nexus for a better part of a year, and recently, charging became an issue. Sometimes when I plugged in my phone, it does not charge and I have to wiggle the end of the cord a bit until I see it start to charge. Now this requires me to keep my phone very steady in order for it to charge, but being a person who constantly checks his phone every 5 minutes , I cannot keep myself from touching it. Now, having to move the wire around and carefully place my charging phone every time has become a huge hassle, so I had the ingenious idea to have it charge wirelessly like the Palm phones. Of course, one google search later I found that many people had already had this great idea and implemented it quite well.

Throughout the course of this week I will begin working on this for my phone (waiting for all the supplies to ship in!). I will be following a few of the guides that others have created, and will put up links to each.
    EDIT: Apparently I cannot add links in my first few posts :mad: but I shall find a way to give credit where it is due.

Items (That I will be using, subject to change):
    Galaxy Nexus (standard cover - NOT the extended battery one)
    Palm Touchstone charging dock
    Palm data cable
    Palm Pixi Touchstone cover
    Neodymium disc magnets (1/4" diameter)
    Copper Foil tape (conductive adhesive) OR short wires
    Mini 4-head screwdriver

Tips for Items: Be careful when buying the Palm Touchstone dock, it usually does NOT ship with the data cable - can be very misleading. Either have to buy separately or find them together. Thanks to both eBay and Amazon - the total cost falls under $25.

Pictures will be provided with each step. Project will begin soon!

Advertisement

EVGA_RobB and breadnatty08 like this.
  2. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    college
    Greenville, SC
    Sounds interesting!

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
  4. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    While I do wish to see this setup, and am very interested myself, I do have to at least be the one to ask...no warranty? Or if you still have a warranty, why not just replace the phone?

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    What comes to my mind.... have you tried a different usb cable? :D

6. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Since the OP can't post links I figured I would post a link for you. I am pretty sure this is the guide but not 100%. If it isn't the OP can let me know and I'll take it down.

Also I had this same issue it turned out to be lint stuck in the USB port on the phone. Then I had it again and it turned out to be a bad USB cable that fried my USB port.

Tags: