1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy not sending sms messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuckbassldo, Feb 9, 2011.

1. chuckbassldo

chuckbassldo Lurker

This is so annoying it makes me want to kill someone

Basically, my Samsung Galaxy S won't send sms messages. Sometimes it randomly does, but about 80% of the time when I try to sms someone it says "sending" in the bottom right after clicking the buttons to send someone, and it never sends. I have no idea what's wrong, I have downloaded only a few harmless applications and I've had this phone for like 7 days. I tried googling this problem but found no help. The "sending..." status never changes to anything, it just stays that way and never sends anything. I'm in a major capital so network shouldn't be an issue.

This only occurs when I write long messages. After I reach some amount of characters it says "converting to multimedia message..." and every single time it fails after this. Help please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. edooze

edooze Lurker

I get a similar problem, but it's only about 2% of the time, and only in one or two areas that I frequent. IIRC the SGS has some problems with reception at times, but it sounds like yours are worse than normal. Only, when this happens, the phone lets me know and says 'failed' in the conversation tree. Either that, or your phone is trying to send >160 char text messages as MMS, and your provider may not allow you to send them; but I've never heard of that happening...

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews