• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 Dead and No USB Connection.

Nasho23

Lurker
Jan 1, 2018
I have been given a Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 which is NOT WORKING.
I cannot get the Recovery Menu to do anything.
It will not go to Safe Mode.
It will go to Download Mode.
Before I can consider A Recovery, I need to be able to connect to my PC, where Ihave KIES & ODIN, Etc.
My PC and my Laptop will not recognise the USB Connection.
My PC has the necessary Drivers Installed.
The Cable and Charge Port are in good condition.
I have measured the Disconnected Battery Voltage at 4.19v.
I am not certain if it is Charging - The Battery Icon appears but the Circle on the Icon does not Rotate or do anything.
When I Power ON, it goes as far as the Samsung Logo and stops at that point.
If I Power OFF, the Screen goes Black and then the Logo reappears.

That is about the Story, so the first thing I need to fix is the USB Connection, as I would like to Recover this Unit.
Device Manger does not see the Tablet.
Has anyone had experience with no USB Connection.

Thank You in anticipation.

I have been given a Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 which is NOT WORKING.
I cannot get the Recovery Menu to do anything.
It will not go to Safe Mode.
It will go to Download Mode.
Before I can consider A Recovery, I need to be able to connect to my PC, where Ihave KIES & ODIN, Etc.
My PC and my Laptop will not recognise the USB Connection.
My PC has the necessary Drivers Installed.
The Cable and Charge Port are in good condition.
I have measured the Disconnected Battery Voltage at 4.19v.
I am not certain if it is Charging - The Battery Icon appears but the Circle on the Icon does not Rotate or do anything.
When I Power ON, it goes as far as the Samsung Logo and stops at that point.
If I Power OFF, the Screen goes Black and then the Logo reappears.

That is about the Story, so the first thing I need to fix is the USB Connection, as I would like to Recover this Unit.
Device Manger does not see the Tablet.
Has anyone had experience with no USB Connection.

Thank You in anticipation.

From what you describe it sounds like a hardware fault on the logic-board that needs repair. It could be the USB, like a bad solder connection, or could be something else wrong?

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @Nasho23 :)

I remember reading a member on XDA whose phone would not boot was resolved by charging by type C and using a wireless charger both at the same time. Long shot but worth a try.
A Jig wouldn't work either without usb debugging enabled. I think @mikedt assignment is spot on, that its a hardware failure. If its still under warranty send it in for repair.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank You to Both of You - I did not want to hear that it was a Hardware Failure, because that is something that I am likely not to be able to fix. I am a Computer Repair Tech, but have never done much on Tablets, apart for Basic Maintenance. I will wait as someone else may have some ideas as to how to get USB working. Cheers.

This gives instructions of whats involved tearing down the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+10.1+Teardown/10144

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones