• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy note 10.1 stuck in bootloop

gulluwing

Jul 23, 2013
italy
A week ago I purchased a note 10.1 after some days, after I tried to install an app, device autorestarted but stucked in boot loop and every 15/20 minutes appeared recovery with an error message FAILED TO COMPARE '/SYSTEM/ CSC /COMMON /SYSTEM /APP /BOOKS.APK' '/SYSTEM/APP/BOOKS.APK' (NO DATA AVAILABLE).
After battery completely discharged I can restart the device without problem.
I flashed a stock rom but the problem recurs.
For example 1 hour ago shutted off the tablet to insert the sd card but when I restarted, it stucked in boot loop, and so now I had to wait that battery discharges.
any suggestion?
thanks a lot

I can't go to recovery, every 15/20 minutes tablet shows recovery but it doesn't work.
after I controll download manager, playstore, there isn't book

Have you tried to clearing Play Store, Download Manager and if it got installed Books cache and data?

Also, try going into recovery by holding power and vol up at the same time and do a hard reset.

Upvote 0
I have done it.
First I have flashed stock rom: stuck in boot loop with error message in recovery; I have waited completely battery discharged and after I had the started the device.
So I discovered that s-pen didn't work because CSC code was unknow, so I flashed again CSC, again stuck in boot loop with error message in recovery; I have waited completely battery discharged and after I had the started the device and Spen worked correctly.
I wiped cache, hard resetted but nothing changes until battery discharges completely: it's a strange phenomenon.
I don't understand

Have you done hard reset/ wiped the tablet? If this is a software problem, it will most likely be solved by that.

Upvote 0
:( hi, I am here againg today I was installing waze and my tablet has crashed: like always it attempts to restart endlessly until it goes into recovery mode (but it's stucked ) and presents the following error: FAILED TO APPEAR '/ SYSTEM / APP / COMMON / SYSTEM / APP / BOOKS.APK '' / SYSTEM / APP / BOOKS.APK '(NO DATA AVAILABLE.
After the battery will be fully discharged it will reboots and it will be back completely normal.
I don't understand what is books.apk

QUOTE=Szadzik;6008898]Glad to hear you are up and running.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Sincerely I used philz touch and I wiped "install new rom": this function erases all before i stalling rom. Do you know it? Do you think is better to use megawipe?

Have you also tried my recommendation and wiped the device using a script like MegaWipe? It basically wipes all partitions (not SD) and you have to flash a rom starting from 0.

Upvote 0
Sincerely I used philz touch and I wiped "install new rom": this function erases all before i stalling rom. Do you know it? Do you think is better to use megawipe?

I am not sure how it works on Philz recovery, but megawipe wipes verything. Just in case, you might want to try and download another stock firmware and flash that after wiping to make sure the one you tried is not jacked.

Upvote 0
I'm agree with you but the first time my tablet crashed (with the original rom) reported the same error of the following crashes,The problems with The original ROM are the same of The ROM stock I flashed afterwards. I hope I was clear.
Couldn't it be an hardware problem?

QUOTE=Szadzik;6016076]I am not sure how it works on Philz recovery, but megawipe wipes verything. Just in case, you might want to try and download another stock firmware and flash that after wiping to make sure the one you tried is not jacked.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Ok I want to procede with megawipe but I don't know its functions.
Some questions: have I to root my tablet before install megaw?
Have I to flash it with odin?
after it has wipe all data from my device, have I to flash PIT of galaxy note 10.1?
Excuse me for my questions but I can' find a guide how to use megaw
Thanks a lot

Nope, not normal and that is one of the reasons I recommended downloading another ROM.

Upvote 0
Ok I want to procede with megawipe but I don't know its functions.
Some questions: have I to root my tablet before install megaw?
Have I to flash it with odin?
after it has wipe all data from my device, have I to flash PIT of galaxy note 10.1?
Excuse me for my questions but I can' find a guide how to use megaw
Thanks a lot

This is a script zipped like an OTA update and you need to flash it from recovery.

After you wipe the device, you need to flash a full firmware, ONLY PDA was enough on my phone last time I did it.

Reactions: gulluwing
Upvote 0
Hi I am having the boot loop issue and have tried flashing my note with the original stock ROM I used before the loop (had worked fine for months) this didn't work so tried a more recent one this gave me about a second or 2 of updating apps screen before going back into boot loop.

I want to try megawipe version but don't know how to do it/get, it the top Google search takes me to xda but I must be missing something as the links don't work. And it tells me I need cwp recovery installed. Any chance of a step by step of how to wipe using megawipe?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones