1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Note 10 vs. Galaxy Note 9

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZaphodBeeblebrox, Aug 7, 2019.

1. ZaphodBeeblebrox

Since my Note 9 took a 2 day saltwater bath I'll be upgrading anyway. I can't wait to see what improvements they have made on the 10 versus the 9.

I did see the batteries are massive (4800ma on the +) with some weird hypercharging tech. I hope they turn into personal explosive devices like a couple years ago.

ocnbrze, Steven58 and olbriar like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

As long as it has inductive charging I'm good. I got spoiled to wireless charging and I don't think I can go back.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Steven58

I dunno. I have the note 8 and it works fine. I got it Black Friday .. it'll be 2 years old come Thanksgiving. I don't know that the old upgrade every two years model works for me, financially, anymore. The 10's gonna be really slick, though, with fantastic battery life.

ocnbrze and olbriar like this.
  4. olbriar

olbriar  

My S8+ still has some value as well being two years old now. That battery life, unless there is a lot of drain from the device, is going to be a great feature. I can make it through a day with the S8 but just barely.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah I'm at a little over two years with my S7 edge and I'm not really itching to upgrade. However I tend to also buy the phones on a 1 year delay after release, so an S10 variant might be at the right point for me some time in the next year.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Do you use a case when doing that?

MrJavi likes this.
  7. olbriar

olbriar  

Yes Sir. I first used Otter Defender and it had to be placed on the Samsung charger just so so or it was a no go. I then went to the Otter back (don't remember what it's called) and it works great.

Xyro likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no......my note 10+ is a beast regardless of not having 5g in my area yet. some networks are very close to having 5g here in LA.

i'll take my note 10+ over the note 9 any day of the week......sorry.

MrJavi likes this.
  9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Well, I had the Note 8, and pre-ordered the Note 9 on Day 1. Loved that phone. I actually had the Note 10+, and returned it after a week. The Air Action feature just kept messing me up! (Example: trying to use the S Pen button as a camera shutter - but if the pen moved at all while I was pressing the button, the camera would switch modes). But Cyber Monday, Microsoft had an insane deal on the 10+ that was really money in the bank when I trade up to the Note 11 next year, so I bought it again. Found out that I can disable the air actions for each app: so I can happily snap photos from a distance again.

Long story short: if you have the Note 9 and you're happy with it, I'm not sure the Note 10 or Note 10+ will be a "wow" upgrade. It IS an upgrade... but with a steep price curve. I encourage you to look at the features the Note 10 offers that the Note 9 doesn't, and determine if you will get your money's worth out of them.

MrJavi, olbriar and ocnbrze like this.
  10. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hello @The_Chief, haven't seen you for a while.

Good to see you now though :).

Hope you are well.

MrJavi, The_Chief and ocnbrze like this.
  11. olbriar

olbriar  

It's GREAT to see you again Chief! I hope the wind has been in your sails.

MrJavi and The_Chief like this.
  12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi folks! Not really: we've been up to our necks in STUFF. The Darling Bride underwent a surgery last year for her migraines, which are 100% GONE! After 26 years of treated her symptoms, we finally found a surgeon who said, "I can fix this. This is easy!" And it was! Outpatient surgery!

Me? I've been half-blind from fast-growing cataracts that literally popped up overnight. After fumbling through all the consults and referrals, I had two cataract surgeries last month. While I still need lenses for reading and monitor work (new lenses are great, but they have a fixed focal point), my night vision is AWESOME now! Plus I had to stop and work on a song project for the Darling Bride; get my kids' books published out to all the major ebook sellers, and the thousand usual things in life that nip at our heels.

I can't promise anyone that I'm back for good or that I'll be putting in all the time I used to - but I'll do what I can to help folks when I am here...

MrJavi, olbriar and 12PKWILLUS like this.
  13. matinadoi4

matinadoi4 Lurker

I tend to also buy the phones on a 1 year delay after release, so an S10 variant might be at the right point for me some time in the next year.

#13 matinadoi4, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews