• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 Got " the boot "

Okay. My galaxy Note 2 decided to crash on me one day about 2 years ago. Meaning, out of no where, it would not power on/boot up after I turned it off one day ( yes I actually broke the cell law and powered my phone off ) I tried downloading a newer OS version on my lap top and uploading it to the Note 2. I tried the hard reset, factory reboot, wipe data reset option yada yada yada and that still won't work. I had it through Verizon, and after doing all of that, it loads up and stays stuck on the Verizon logo screen.... One time I decided to be patient for 24 hours and it remained stuck on the screen.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is or how to get this phone back to life?

Note ( get it ) I have already did the whole press volume up while holding the home and power button many times. I have already selected the " wipe data" and tried the " reboot system " option. I have even tried to upload a different and the same OS to the phone. So please reframe from asking questions about that or suggesting that. Trust me, I did that and it was done accordingly.

Any help will be appreciated. Keep in mind, if no nerdy suggestions are available, I have an awesome machete from Harbour Freight that would love to meet the Note. But if rather have it fixed.... For free.

Thanks guys

Reactions: psionandy
The battery works fine. It can hold a charge for days. Remembered when I mentioned that is stayed stuck on the Verizon screen for 24 hours?
Ok, you basically stated that you tried every fix software related and to refrain from such suggestions.

If it's not software which an OS flash would certainly have fixed, then it's obviously hardware related. Since you're certain it's not the battery, then it's some other hardware.

At this point a phone repair shop is probably your best bet.

Upvote 0
I find that hard to believe Mr. @ShakerHand321

How long have you had your phone?
I've had the for
I find that hard to believe Mr. @ShakerHand321

How long have you had your phone?
I've had the phone for 4 years. I got it new I got it new in 2015, had it for a year then it crashed on me. That's when I tried the reboot stuff. Didn't fix it so I put it on top of my fridge. 2 years later I got it down and fully charged it. I uploaded kitkat OS and tried that Jellybean. Didn't work. But trust me, the battery works just fine

Upvote 0
Ok, you basically stated that you tried every fix software related and to refrain from such suggestions.

If it's not software which an OS flash would certainly have fixed, then it's obviously hardware related. Since you're certain it's not the battery, then it's some other hardware.

At this point a phone repair shop is probably your best bet.
Yes. I feel a shop will be my best option. Although it's an older phone, the outside is still in amazing shape. Just hate to see it go to waste. Thank you

Upvote 0
My International Note 2 is still going strong... My mum was having problems with her incredibly ancient phone.. so i wiped it and set her up on it..

Sure, its getting on a bit.. but it still works great.. .and now that I have introduced her to google photos, we can share pictures.

Having played with some newer 'budget;' android phones, the Note2 still holds up in day to day use, so i can understand exactly why the original poster is keen to get his back working again

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
My International Note 2 is still going strong... My mum was having problems with her incredibly ancient phone.. so i wiped it and set her up on it..
Sure, its getting on a bit.. but it still works great.. .and now that I have introduced her to google photos, we can share pictures.
Having played with some newer 'budget;' android phones, the Note2 still holds up in day to day use, so i can understand exactly why the original poster is keen to get his back working again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones