• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 or S3

the SIII is obviously the company's flagship, but he note has become a strong second place. Considering that they are both samsung, I honestly wouldn't differentiate between the two. Samsung is without a doubt the best company out there at updates. They invest a lot in making them happen for customers. Even the GS2 is supposed to get Jelly Bean. Considering it launched with Gingerbread, that means something. Very few phones make it through multiple iterations of android without rooting.

Consequently, I say there won't be a difference. Both will get 4.2 (whatever that is), and I would bet that both will get the next version (5.0/Key Lime pie/4.x). The only thing you might be able to say is that the Note II will make it through more updates because it was launched with JB and not ICS.

Reactions: Joshieca
Upvote 0
Cool thanks...just on the fence right now if I should trade the S3 for the Note 2. Need to wait until the states get them in and play around with it. I love the S3, but I would like a bigger screen. Was wondering if the Note 2 would get updates or if Samsung would just say, ahhh it doesn't need it as not too many people are buying it.

As for the Moto Razr -- sorry, I wont ever buy a Moto product again. Owned two and have been screwed over by Moto on both. Sorry, they have lost my business forever.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks...just on the fence right now if I should trade the S3 for the Note 2. Need to wait until the states get them in and play around with it. I love the S3, but I would like a bigger screen. Was wondering if the Note 2 would get updates or if Samsung would just say, ahhh it doesn't need it as not too many people are buying it.

As for the Moto Razr -- sorry, I wont ever buy a Moto product again. Owned two and have been screwed over by Moto on both. Sorry, they have lost my business forever.

one more bit for comparison. I mentioned that the Galaxy S2 (released 1 1/2 years ago with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting Jelly Bean. The original note (also released with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting JB too. I think it's safe to say that for their primary phones, Samsung easily pushes a year to a year and a half for keeping their phones up to date.

Upvote 0
one more bit for comparison. I mentioned that the Galaxy S2 (released 1 1/2 years ago with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting Jelly Bean. The original note (also released with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting JB too. I think it's safe to say that for their primary phones, Samsung easily pushes a year to a year and a half for keeping their phones up to date.

I read somewhere that the Original Note was taken off that list of phones getting Jelly Bean. At the time I looked at a list on Samsung's website and it did not include the Note 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones