1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy Note 2 or S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joshieca, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Joshieca

Joshieca Member
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    San Diego
    From the past experience of the Note and the S2 which one received

Advertisement

2. serpa4

serpa4 Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Army

3. zachavm

zachavm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    the SIII is obviously the company's flagship, but he note has become a strong second place. Considering that they are both samsung, I honestly wouldn't differentiate between the two. Samsung is without a doubt the best company out there at updates. They invest a lot in making them happen for customers. Even the GS2 is supposed to get Jelly Bean. Considering it launched with Gingerbread, that means something. Very few phones make it through multiple iterations of android without rooting.

Consequently, I say there won't be a difference. Both will get 4.2 (whatever that is), and I would bet that both will get the next version (5.0/Key Lime pie/4.x). The only thing you might be able to say is that the Note II will make it through more updates because it was launched with JB and not ICS.

Joshieca likes this.
  4. serpa4

serpa4 Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Army
    Many phones only see one update. Since it comes with JB, I'd say it's safe to have at least one more major update.
    Not sure about the Moto Razr HD though as it is launching with 4.0 and will later recieve 4.1.

5. Joshieca

Joshieca Member
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Cool thanks...just on the fence right now if I should trade the S3 for the Note 2. Need to wait until the states get them in and play around with it. I love the S3, but I would like a bigger screen. Was wondering if the Note 2 would get updates or if Samsung would just say, ahhh it doesn't need it as not too many people are buying it.

As for the Moto Razr -- sorry, I wont ever buy a Moto product again. Owned two and have been screwed over by Moto on both. Sorry, they have lost my business forever.

6. zachavm

zachavm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    one more bit for comparison. I mentioned that the Galaxy S2 (released 1 1/2 years ago with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting Jelly Bean. The original note (also released with Gingerbread) has been announced to be getting JB too. I think it's safe to say that for their primary phones, Samsung easily pushes a year to a year and a half for keeping their phones up to date.

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I read somewhere that the Original Note was taken off that list of phones getting Jelly Bean. At the time I looked at a list on Samsung's website and it did not include the Note 1.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    The original note is well enough to handle jelly bean.