1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Note 2 S Pen Figured Out!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nebula0201, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Nebula0201

Nebula0201 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    OK so I figured out something really cool about the S Pen, I have not read anything about this before and I really wanted to get this out there!

I was suffering from the same issue everyone was with the sensitivity issues the pen touching the screen when its not supposed to etc etc.. I did see the fix for that and it worked good.

My problem was persisting when i goto the right side of the screen, the pen would draw off around 1MM in ether direction as I moved it around.

SOLUTION
    Take your damn case off! Chances are you got a Magnetic Clasp! If you put a magnetic field thru the phone, the S Pen will avoid it and go around! I have a really nice case that has a built in stand, uses a magnetic clasp to close the flip case. It dosn't have a button hole, it just a flat high powered magnet attaching itself to another flat high powered magnet.

But i have a second case, one that closes using a semi magnetic button. The problem is gone! It works now! I've been really mad about this, was very close to calling samsung about this, because i've had this case now for months!

Incase anyone else has this issue, just make sure you keep your phone and S Pen away from magnets!

Advertisement

2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Male
    Garmin Tech support
    Kansas
    I will definitely be trying this out tonight!

3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    This has been discussed before with the entire Note line. It's in the manual, but a small blurb about it. Strong magnets will affect the Notes. Weak magnets on the other hand, have little effect on them. And I know back then, magnets and electronics don't mix. Which is why I stay away from any magnetic enclosures whenever possible. I used to buy leather cases with button clasps. But it seems harder now as everyone seems to be making them with magnets.