• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 2 S-Pen Issues

HollowKyo

Lurker
Dec 13, 2013
I have a note 2 and when I received it the screen was cracked so I bought a replacement and had a phone repair tech replace the screen. But now it does this when I use the S-Pen. He said that my glass was generic (true) and too thin. But I don't see how that would cause any issues. When I first got the phone back from him it worked fine. I have not dropped it or done anything that would have done any damage to it. It just started doing this when I woke up this morning, 12/13/2013. I don't know what to do but it's really annoying that I spent so much on this phone for the feature I wanted it for to not work. Also sometimes it stops accepting input from my fingers and I have to power off the screen (not the whole phone) and just turn it back on. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is a link. I described it a bit better in the description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEFv8hc7fqA

I would have the screen checked out. It looks and sounds like it is defective. Could be a faulty connector or digitizer.

If you have access to another S Pen, do the same test and see if it behaves the same way. If the other S Pen shows the same distortions, then the problem lies with the screen digitizer.

Are you using any strong magnets (like a case) near the Note 2? That can have a serious effect on the S Pen as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones