1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support galaxy note 2 screen dim on unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by william516, Jul 23, 2013.

1. william516

william516 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2013
    Okay I have read many threads and have not found a solution to my problem so I'm hoping that this works. If would appear that every time I lock the phone using the site button that when it starts up again I have a screen that is barely lit. I have to pull down the top menu and click on the screen adjustment even though it is set at Max. I do not have the auto adjust set, screen timeout is set for 5 Min, the touch key light is set to always in the display menu options and no power save feature is turned on. I'm not sure what it Could be the phone is rooted and I had several 3rd party aps to adjust screen brightness on that I tried and none worked at all. I also have an led controller application but I don't think that is the problem. All third party brightness apps have been removed and the phone was rebooted. No change. Please help as this is very annoying to say the least. Hopefully im just stupid and have missed something. I upgraded from a droid bionic and love this phone but this needs to be fixed. Thanks for ant help.

Bill

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, William.

Some removed apps leave behind the services that they barnacled to the stock services for functionality.

It's best to tap "clear cache" and "clear data" prior to tapping "uninstall."

But, too late now, so try this: shut the device down and remove the sd card, SIM card and battery. Wait a minute or so, then put it all back in reboot.

If the device is rooted as you say, do you have a recovery menu you can access? If so, go there to clear the cache partition. Then reboot and use Root Explorer to find remnants of those removed apps (do a search) and delete them, but be careful to examine them to be sure they are not system services related.

Also, which provider/carrier are you with? Perhaps the All Things Root area here for your version can be some help with this.