• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 Storage

akjohnston

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
Hi
I have a Note 1, which has been great, but I keep on running up against the limitations of the 2Gb "device" storage. I have decided to upgrade, but can't currently afford a Note 3. I want to check if the Note 2 will work for me.

Please can someone confirm whether the local storage is split into "device" and "sdcard" like the Note 1, or unified like the 10" Note tablet. Also if it is split, how much is "device" storage for programs etc?

Thanks
Andrew

The Note 2 has one single partition for internal storage. It is unified like the Note 10.1. The full 10GB is fully usable by the user.

I think the ones replying are not aware that the original Note had internal storage divided into 2 partitions. This is not the case with the Note 2. I also owned the original Note and know what you mean about the 2GB internal partition. You will not see it in the Note 2.

Reactions: akjohnston
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones