• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm going to pick one up and....see if the screen is brighter than the one on the S3 then compare it to the Droid Razr HD.
It's either the GN2 or RHD.

Motorola droid hd i need to look that up what's the screen size and resolution on the RHD? ?

I just don't found the RHD Dude its processor is garbage snapdragon suck. Avoid at all cost. .

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings about the Note 2. I just might get a Note 1 with a 16 x 10 screen, which is what I want or wait to see what else comes out between now and god knows when the US LTE version comes out. I think the screen on the Note 1 is much better than the screen on the S3, for me.

I'd have less trouble with the Razr HD or many alternatives if it had interchangeable batteries and SDs. I think Samsung left the door open for lots of competition to steal away their advantage because the Note 2 got faster but lost screen area. If the Note 2 is just a long S3, why not just get S3 now than something else in November 12 Jan13 or Feb 13? If Apple came out with a 5 incher and an interchangeable battery the Note could be hurt bad. So, we still don't know what we are getting and when and from what I see, it's a monstrous step up from my Blackberry but is it the phone for the decade.

When are we not disappointed?

Upvote 0
They could opt for the s4 snapdragon like the gs3...hopefully the quad core pro version of it by that time

That's my thought too. They might put quad S4 pro/LTE chips in Note 2 for US versions, at least for CDMA carriers. I don't think their new Exynos/LTE chip is ready for CDMA carriers yet.

BTW, my main concern is it looks more like rectangular body with rounded corners of iPhone 4 than GS3 with curvy external profile. But to my knowledge, Apple didn't target G Note in their lawsuit against samsung yet. Maybe it's safe because Apple doesn't have device in this 5"+ sized phablet category?

Upvote 0
For NA, I don't think Apple can really touch the Note or the Note 2. If anything, the NA version will probably remove the physical home button and replace it with the 4 touch sensitive buttons. Even if not, Apple doesn't utilize a digital pen either which is another 'unique' feature of the Notes.

For me, personally, I'll stick with my original Note. I don't see it as a huge improvement either and I can live the Note's current quirks. As long as it's still usable and functional, I'm happy. I have no need now for another, though I might be tempted with the Note 10.1... LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones