1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Not Functioning Well After Firmware 4.4.2 Flash

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Skyferia, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Skyferia

Skyferia Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Details:
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
    Current Firmware: Kitkat 4.4.2 (very likely bugged)

Hi,
    I'll list the issue in 2 parts for easier interpretation.

Please advise on what I should do to rectify issue.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

#1 Skyferia, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Skyferia

Skyferia Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Seriously, no one's capable to solve this?

3. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    I didn't respond because the text was set out poorly. Those text boxes obscure your message so you have to mess with those slider. There are no direct links to the videos so I had to hunt those down and when faced with the first one, 15 minutes, I gave up.
    As a starting point I would suggest downloading Smart Switch to your PC and trying emergency firmware recovery

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    If you were trying to downgrade from 5.0 you are very lucky it didn't brick. Most Samsung firmware contains Knox security that won't let you downgrade. Probably best bet is to flash most up to date firmware for your device.

Not a lot of experience with international version of Samsung devices so I'm probably wrong. Seems to be a lot on web about downgrading. But if problems persist, flash back to stock 5.0

#4 Jfalls63, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  5. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    You won't trip Knox rolling back with official FW but rooting may have tripped it.

6. Skyferia

Skyferia Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    There, quote instead of code, better?And I'm sorry about the links, I had in mind new poster will have limitations such as not allowed to post links. I added the links already.
    Also Alright I'll try that and report here.

I'll keep this in mind. Thanks.

Sorry, what? I'm not versed with phone "hacking", that's why I had to rely on guides.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, first off, you need to have used the specific firmware for your device. Hence the current brick, since you used the wrong firmware. You can't just go trying whatever firmare code like you did. For example, a Verizon Note 3 will have a different firmware code than a Sprint Note 3. Doesn't matter if they have mostly same hardware, both for the US, and both same android version. In your case you tried two different firmware (with different codes), and both appeared to be not the ones compatible with your phone. You need to find out which one is the correct one for your phone, and flash that.

8. Skyferia

Skyferia Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    That was exactly what I did! It would not only be very risky but also asking to be bricked if say my Note 3 is from Hong Kong and I flashed a UK firmware.

The firmware I used to flash is the both - one of the country I live in and the one I bought the phone from. I double, triple, quadruple, etc. checked it.

HOWEVER, there is one that could cause the brick, maybe:
    I checked the IMEI code (the 6th and 7th digit if I recall correctly to check the country of origin of the phone) before flashing. It was Hong Kong. BUT the firmware update to Lolipop was from the country I live in and bought the phone from, and that worked. If that can work, it is only logical that I flashed using the [country I live in]'s firmware. Wrong?

9. Skyferia

Skyferia Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    IT'S FIXED!
    I reflashed it with firmware from the country I live in and it works perfectly, running KitKat!