• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 3 questions

Jeffruby

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2009
A bit of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1) any way to get rid of the notification "hands free mode turned on"? Is driving me mad

2) when I pull out the spen, I know how to click on a clipboard in a field to start to write in script or print. What I can't figure out is what to do on the screen that had the area to scribble with pen (makes blue line), and has that tape measure type strip on bottom. I see this area in place of the keyboard when I click on a field for text entry. ie-clicking field, not the little clipboard

3) Amy way to decrease the long press time on nice Samsung keyboard?

I Figured out 1 - 2 above, now I can't figuree out how to set a comma on the default keyboard to the left of the space bar. Anyone know how to do this?

Press your finger on the icon immediately to the left of the space bar on the botton row of keys on the Samsung keyboard until a mini menu option pops up with the comma available

2014-03-02%2004.51.10.png

SwiftKey, SwiftKey Beta, Google Keyboard and Kii Keyboard are a few of the many keyboards which have the comma to the left of the space bar by default without having to hold on any button to access it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help! Unfortunately on my Samsung keyboard, when I hold that icon, I don't get the same popup... Just the bottom row you have

Look for the "Samsung Apps" application on your phone and see if it updates. If no updates are available then I would suggest using the similar application which is free called "Google Keyboard". You can also install SwiftKey Beta for free by clicking the web link below:

http://bit.ly/skemojibeta4-5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones