• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 Stuck On Samsung Logo Despite Multiple Firmware Installations

My wife's Galaxy Note 3 phone (SM-N900) has been stuck on the Samsung logo (showing "SAMSUNG" in white text on the black screen with occasional blue dots moving in the pattern of fireworks) since last Friday whenever we try to turn on the phone. She bought the phone from eBay in June 2014 and has been using it with T-Mobile here in the US ever since. This is an unlocked GSM phone.

I don't know what Android version it's been running but the Samsung Center we took the phone to on Friday night said that it is running Firmware N900UBUEBOF1. Searching the Sammobile.com website with this Firmware PDA results in 10 different firmwares.

I have already tried a couple and have tried two others (one from Russia, one from India). The ones from Russia and India updated the Android apps (about 266 apps, I believe) but then they reboot and then get stuck on the "Samsung" logo. The firmwares with PDA N900UBUEBOF1 also get stuck on the Samsung logo. I used Odin v3.11 per the directions on the sammobile.com website.

I have not yet performed a factory data reset. I have cleared the cache by pressing the Power button + Volume Up + Home Button and accessing the subsequent Android System Recovery menu.

I do not want to do a factory data reset, even via accessing the Android System Recovery menu from pressing the Power button + Volume Up + Home buttons because it will delete her photos and other data. Even if I perform a factory data reset, there is no guarantee that installing a new Firmware will fix the phone.

I have some other questions:
  • If I access the Android System Recovery by pressing the Power button + Volume Up + Home buttons and then perform a factory data reset, will my photos and videos remain untouched or will they be deleted? I was told on sammobile.com's forums that my photos and videos would not be deleted but I just want to make sure.
  • Would a factory data reset as mentioned in the first bullet point delete all of my contact information/list of contacts?

If you have flashed firmware to this device , well then.... You have already wiped the device to a like new state.

Are contacts gone. That depends on if they were synced to your Google account on the device. Photos and or videos would be there if you used a cloud like Google photos or Samsung backup, if not well you know... If the pictures & videos are on a SD card they should be fine.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones