• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 3 Spigen Case Revealed!!!

What do you guys think of the Spigen Neo Hybrid ($34.99 on Amazon) vs the Slim Armour. The Neo Hybrid looks even more form fitting. Sort thinking that might be good, and as mentioned earlier if the phone was placed display down, the screen would not be touching.

I find the Spigen Neo Hybrid a gorgeous very tempting case. Here's my take on it, as compared to my much loved Slim Armor model.

The Neo Hybrid appears to have a flat back. After owning iPhones 4, 4S & 5, I can convey that they're flat backs makes them very slippery to hold and a bit uncomfortable. Built for style and a very sleek profile, I doubt the Neo Hybrid is as protective as the Slim Armor.

Ideally a slightly convex back makes a smartphone very comfortable and secure to hold. In addition if you look at the Slim Armor in Red, White or Blue on their site, it's easy to notice the Black Rubber (TPU) ends. These are cleverly designed to absorb impact should the phone be dropped. The TPU inner liner also serves as the "lip" that surrounds the entire perimeter of the front, thereby protecting the phone when placed face down on a desk or table as I do when at lunch etc.

Finally, Spigen's precise, very high quality manufacturing makes the two piece Slim Armor appear as a single one piece case once installed. I've had nothing but a secure comfortable and pleasant experience from the Slim Armor cases I have.

Hopefully I've answered your concerns :)

Upvote 0
I find the Spigen Neo Hybrid a gorgeous very tempting case. Here's my take on it, as compared to my much loved Slim Armor model.

The Neo Hybrid appears to have a flat back. After owning iPhones 4, 4S & 5, I can convey that they're flat backs makes them very slippery to hold and a bit uncomfortable. Built for style and a very sleek profile, I doubt the Neo Hybrid is as protective as the Slim Armor.

Ideally a slightly convex back makes a smartphone very comfortable and secure to hold. In addition if you look at the Slim Armor in Red, White or Blue on their site, it's easy to notice the Black Rubber (TPU) ends. These are cleverly designed to absorb impact should the phone be dropped. The TPU inner liner also serves as the "lip" that surrounds the entire perimeter of the front, thereby protecting the phone when placed face down on a desk or table as I do when at lunch etc.

Finally, Spigen's precise, very high quality manufacturing makes the two piece Slim Armor appear as a single one piece case once installed. I've had nothing but a secure comfortable and pleasant experience from the Slim Armor cases I have.

Hopefully I've answered your concerns :)

after reading more (on the Spigen site) I started to wonder if the slim armor was indeed better protection. Why would the neo hybrid cost more then, for less protection. It is more stylish around the outside edges. But the slim armor has more of the glossy finish material around the TPU.

the TPU does wrap the whole N3 with the neo.. and there is the plastic also. Which should absorb (possibly break then) if dropped on the edge.

i just dunno. I like the accent color to the neo versus the "wow look at me" color on the slim.

Upvote 0
after reading more (on the Spigen site) I started to wonder if the slim armor was indeed better protection. Why would the neo hybrid cost more then, for less protection. It is more stylish around the outside edges. But the slim armor has more of the glossy finish material around the TPU.

the TPU does wrap the whole N3 with the neo.. and there is the plastic also. Which should absorb (possibly break then) if dropped on the edge.

i just dunno. I like the accent color to the neo versus the "wow look at me" color on the slim.

The color choice "Metal Slate" is a matte color that resists fingerprints & provides a better grip than the other four choices, all of which are glossy. In addition the TPU used is also matte. I have both Red & Metal Slate Colors, thus I speak from first hand experience.

Reactions: droidobsessed
Upvote 0
The color choice "Metal Slate" is a matte color that resists fingerprints & provides a better grip than the other four choices, all of which are glossy. In addition the TPU used is also matte. I have both Red & Metal Slate Colors, thus I speak from first hand experience.

if I go with the Slim.. its the Metal Slate that I'd be going with. Was debating on if I want a black or white phone. Had black for the last bunch of them. Though with a case, the color wont show.

Upvote 0
More Cases for Gnote3.

Galaxy Note 3 - Smart Phone

samsung_galaxy_note_3_bohemian_m_diary_collection_01c.jpg
samsung_galaxy_note_3_g-note_diary_collection_01c.jpg
samsung_galaxy_note_3_italian_vintage_quilt_diary_collection_01c.jpg
samsung_galaxy_note_3_croco_diary_collection_01c.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones