• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note 4 battery dying. Phone locking up

I have had my Note 4 for around a uear. I replaced the battery around 2 weeks ago. Now, it will lock up and turn itself off. The last two nights, I have charged it to 100%, unplugged it, and set aside until morning. I use it as my alarm clock and the past two morning it was completely dead when I woke up. I bought this battery from a local cell store, which I don't think I'm going back to. I did a factory reset on my phone s few dayd ago and I am sill having problems. Should I get a new battery?

I have had my Note 4 for around a uear. I replaced the battery around 2 weeks ago. Now, it will lock up and turn itself off. The last two nights, I have charged it to 100%, unplugged it, and set aside until morning. I use it as my alarm clock and the past two morning it was completely dead when I woke up. I bought this battery from a local cell store, which I don't think I'm going back to. I did a factory reset on my phone s few dayd ago and I am sill having problems. Should I get a new battery?
I also took the batter out a half hour ago and when I put it back it, my phone would not turn on. The battery had been at 68%. When I plugged it, and turned it on, there was in small print on the screen what looked like mmc (another word) failed. The battery was now showing 38%. So in a 5 minute period it had lost 30%.

Upvote 0
Note 4 has been out for four years. Notes seem to have a track record of lasting at least 5 years (in case of the note 7 a few hours or days or weeks). Basically your choices are try to get another battery, keep doing factory resets, take the phone to a repair shop or move on to a new device

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I also had a Note 4 and was happy. Good product. 1 Week after warranty expired it started going slow. I replaced battery. Same happend. Then ist got worse. It started rebooting. I did reset. With min apps it continued working. I had to restart after recharging until it got worse. It did not want to reset anymore etc. Samsung sait it was dead. Reason unknown...

The phone was like brand new. They did not provide warranty even only 1 week after it had elapsed.

What do you think if your self driven car has the same problems? Modern technology?

Golpe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones