1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Note 4 not detected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Android Question, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    My Galaxy Note 4 refuses to be detected by my PC. Plugging in USB only starts charging. I installed the Samsung Drivers. Installed Kies. Went to Kies Tool and reinstalled the driver. Enabled developer options and enabled usb debugging on my note 4. Restarted the phone. Restarted the computer. Changed USB ports. It still only charges when connected to PC usb port.

Advertisement

2. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    I've had this problem before and 99.9% of the time it happens because you're using a plug/cable that didn't come with the original device. This happens for two reasons:
    1. The manufacturer has locked the device to only properly charge with their own chargers (annoying but true in some cases)
    2. The voltage in the cord isn't enough to power and facilitate data transfer in addition to charging. If this is one of the reasons, you'll likely also notice that your device is charging slowly
    Make sure you're using the cable that came with the Galaxy Note 4 and not the cable to another device you've got.

laffery likes this.
  3. patsfann

patsfann Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2012
    Male
    new hampshire
    Don't know if this will help but there are hidden menus in the note if you go to the build.prop and press it 5 times it unlocks developer option don't know if again if that will help just read it somewhere here or XDA one of the forums

4. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    the Desert
    Can you expand on where the hidden menus are in the Note 4? I know that in the Galaxy S4 it was in the "About Device" menu.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Here's a video showing how to enable access to Developer Options on the NOTE4:

If you're not familiar w/the Developer Options & the choices within,it might be a good idea to take screenshots of which ones you change,or write down the default developer option settings somewhere,just in case things get a little weird.

Canesfan likes this.
  6. godquality

godquality Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    If you read the OP very well, you will noticed he mentioned he already have developer option and was also able to put on USB debugging.

I'll advise trying another cable or testing the phone with another laptop/PC to be sure.

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Maybe You should brush-up on your reading skills as well.
    If you take note,I didn't quote the OP,I answered a question from someone else who posted in the thread...............

8. godquality

godquality Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    0k let's both agree that we need some eye glasses then[emoji12] that way we shall live happily ever after.

9. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    It's all good GQ,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS! :)

10. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2012
    North Wales, UK
    Your own efforts and the previous responses to your message, seem to have covered the Samsung and the handset sides of the issue pretty well. Apart from the USB port that you have already checked, I wonder if you have checked the settings of the PC. Assuming a Windows PC, have you checked the Auto Play settings of the PC?

Taking a Win7 OS as an example, a search on 'how to enable Auto Play win 7' came up with such links as :-

How to Configure AutoPlay Settings in Windows 7 - Windows 7

and

Fix Windows 7 AutoPlay Dialog Box Missing or Not Appear, Display and Pop Up

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.