• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 5 camera/note question

Q

quasy38

I'm currently looking into purchasing the Note 5 for it's potential to optimize my work productivity. I'm a real estate appraiser and when inspecting properties I find that constantly juggling tape measure, camera and pen/clipboard can be a real challenge. I know that with the Note 5 you are able to multi-window some apps but have not been able to figure out if I'd be able to have the camera open on half the screen and take notes on the other half. That would be a huge timesaver for me if so, but if not does anybody know how I could best quickly jump from camera to a note page - could it be relatively seamless? I'm upgrading from an Iphone 4s so this will be my first android experience and from what I can tell an enormous upgrade.

Thanks for any and all help!

Outside of rooting your device,AFAICT,the stock camera app cannot be used in multi-window.
However, by using Air Command, you can add a shortcut to the camera app.
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but, it's easy to go back & forth from the camera to any other apps you want while using the S-Pen.

Another non-root possibility would be to use this app with another camera app of your choosing (as this Multi-Window enabler app does not have access to use system apps,such as the stock Samsung Camera app)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable&hl=en

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones