1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy Note after use feeling "light Headed"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aidanodr, Mar 20, 2012.

1. aidanodr

aidanodr Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I have owned a GALAXY S for last two years with no difficulty re mention light headedness.

I bought the Galaxy Note last week as an upgrade, immediately when on phone for any amount of time I began to get the above. Even with the phone on speaker and resting on a table in front of me.

Did a bit of googling and I see that the antenna in the Note is up along the right side / top of the phone ( when phone viewed from back ). In the Galaxy S the antenna is at the bottom of the phone in the "bulging" area, away from the head.

I now have switched the sim back to the Galaxy S and am using the NOTE as a WIFI ONLY mini tablet with no sim. Will try this and see if I get any of above symptoms.

I also have an Asus Transformer WIFI only, no difficulties here either.

Before anyone has a giggle at this I am not imagining it. There is a distinct difference between the Galaxy S and NOTE in this regard. All I can put it down to is the antenna location? Shielding? How NOTE uses 3G?

Anyone else with this?

Aidan

Advertisement

2. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    Not to dismiss what your problem is, but I wonder have you tried to isolate anything else besides the phone?
    For your health sake, I would seek out medical attention before you go any further. I mean, what if it's not the phone/antenna? Personally, I'd see my doctor, if for nothing else than to make sure it's not physical.

3. aidanodr

aidanodr Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2012
  4. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I had no idea that this was an issue that anyone had. I'd just die if it was me dude. I can't put my gadgets down. Good luck!

5. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    venezia, italy

when i make calls i would usually spend more than 30 minutes each time using this phone normally on either side of my ear, nothing strange felt though.

6. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    1) Have you considered using a bluetooth headset? You can leave it as far as 30 feet away from you.
    2) Have you tested this out so as to rule out for certain that it is not merely psychosomatic? A simple experiment would test if you really were having physical reactions.

a) Get a friend to help you out. Put on a blindfold and earplugs.
    b) Have your friend turn his phone to silent. Then, at some point, have him call his phone using the Galaxy Note.
    c) You signal to him when you feel lightheaded and see if it corresponds with the phone being in use.

Test this out using two scenarios - one with the phone on the table and another with him either dialing or not dialing and placing the phone against your ear. He simply needs to try this out a few times to get enough of a statistic to prove whether or not you actually do get affected.

You should completely blind yourself of any sensory or trigger that might clue you in as to when he starts the phone call, hence muting his phone and yours.

I'd like to know what the results are.

Tim

JunBringer likes this.
  7. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

Yes do that! I'm curious about the results as well.