• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note - home screen keeps telling me the page in voice

Neeluj

Lurker
Apr 6, 2013
Please help. My Galaxy Note is driving me crazy. Suddenly, without reason, it has started loudly announcing which page of the home screen or application master I am on - for eg, Page 1 of 3 OR page 2 of 3 - I have tried every possible setting - Talkback, Driving mode, etc etc. Nothing is working. Would really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to shut it up!!!

Please help. My Galaxy Note is driving me crazy. Suddenly, without reason, it has started loudly announcing which page of the home screen or application master I am on - for eg, Page 1 of 3 OR page 2 of 3 - I have tried every possible setting - Talkback, Driving mode, etc etc. Nothing is working. Would really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to shut it up!!!

Welcome to the forums, Neeluj.

As you know, in the Settings menu you'll find an Accessibility section, and in there will be "talk back" and other settings related to voice etc, as you point out. One thing about changing settings is to be sure to reboot following the changes.

Upvote 0
There is a bug in touchwiz and/or talkback. I tried every solution I could find and couldn't get my Galaxy Note 10.1 to shut up. Finally installed a different launcher (to replace touchwiz) and that fixed it. I use nova launcher but I imagine any launcher will do.

Must be something wrong with your Note's firmware as you are the only one iwth such problem.

Upvote 0
Did this start happening after an app install (any app)? More times than not an app can wreak havoc on other parts of the system.

Other than that I can't think of anything else that might be causing this to happen especially since you said it started suddenly which would indicate you weren't having this issue before.

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem with annoucements I do not use a launcher app. I also turned off Talk Back and rebooted. Still have the problem. How can I stop an app and all of it's processes to see if it is the culprit?

You mentioned firmware issues. How do I get the latest firmware?

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my Galaxy Notes 10.1. This appeared after the installation of Android 4.1.2 (pushed by Samsung). Since then, I see that other users are experiencing exactly the same problem. The voice appears at 2 places :
- in the home screen telling on which page you are (page 2 of 4)
- in the e-mail app, when I check (or uncheck) a message for deletion (for instance)
I tried all settings of sounds. Nothing changes. This is really a bug.

Any other idea ? I would prefer not going back to factory settings...

Tx in advance

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my Galaxy Notes 10.1. This appeared after the installation of Android 4.1.2 (pushed by Samsung). Since then, I see that other users are experiencing exactly the same problem. The voice appears at 2 places :
- in the home screen telling on which page you are (page 2 of 4)
- in the e-mail app, when I check (or uncheck) a message for deletion (for instance)
I tried all settings of sounds. Nothing changes. This is really a bug.

Any other idea ? I would prefer not going back to factory settings...

Tx in advance
I had the same problem for 2 days. Go to settings > Application Manager > swipe the apps to the left until you get to "ALL", scroll to "google Text-to-Speech Engine" > press disable

Upvote 0
I had the same problem for 2 days. Go to settings > Application Manager > swipe the apps to the left until you get to "ALL", scroll to "google Text-to-Speech Engine" > press disable
Tried disabling google tts, then samsung tts, and finally TalkBack before problem went away. To see specifically which service was to blame, I enabled each app and tested to see if the voice returned. All 3 are now enabled but the annoying announcements have not returned. Must have been the OS update that triggered this.

Reactions: advaitgosia
Upvote 0
Yes. The robotic female voice started after installing LastPass on Google Play. Uninstalling it stopped the voice!!!
The same thing happened to me when I installed RoboForm, another password manager. I went into settings/accessibility/services and turned off RoboForm. This fixed my problem and RoboForm still works.

Do not turn on TalkBack in services. It talked so much after I did that it was difficult to turn back off.

Upvote 0

I'm case anyone else needs help, check your cheetah mobile apps. I had clean master and battery doctor. They work fine on my LGG4 but my samsung note 10.1 I get the voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones