1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy Note Offers Many Vertical Mkt App Possibilities

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlcpa, Oct 29, 2011.

1. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    CPA-Forensic Accountant
    So. East FL & Long Island
    There are so many reasons why a phone the size of the Note will open up new opportunities to create and port apps to this phone. If I can carry a tablet, I can carry a laptop. But there are many places and instances where having a phone/computer is something very unique, especially for those of us without teenagers eyes.

As a CPA, I can tell you that there are thousands of great possibilities in the accounting, tax, financial analysis, inventory ordering, cash reconciliation, etc. But think about what everyone does. Think about your doctor on call who isn't carrying a tablet but has his Galaxy Note and all the information he can glean from it while on emergency calls. This works for anyone not in the office or even at home, insurance agents, sales people, plumbers who need to order parts, teachers with all the info they could ever want that is easy to read, TelePrompter for speeches, playbook for NFL players, easy to read recipes for chefs...the list is endless. Not only that, many have stayed away from apps because phones are too small to read and they don't want to carry around and pay for a tablet.

So, there are many opportunities now to write great apps for 5 inch or better phones. I think this will be a trend that is very exciting.

Dlcpa

Advertisement

2. gaugerer

gaugerer Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I couldn't agree with you more. The days of phones that are too small for Web browsing and tablets too large to be mobile are over.