• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy note powering down

Mattdb

Jun 25, 2012
Hi I've had a galaxy note for a couple of months now.I've had a few occasions when it's just switched itself off for no apparent reason.it doesn't do it all that much but it's frustrating and doesn't give be much confidence about the alarm waking me up in the morning! Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions? (Fairly sure if it was hardware I could get the phone replaced under warranty)

you'll probably find if you press and hold the power button even if the screen is locked, it powers off. I reckon this can happen in your pocket as the button doesnt need much pressure. I think this is a major short coming of the note and i hope its something they resolve for future phones.

Upvote 0
This is similar - but since I'm new to this forum not sure if this s/b a new thread or not. My Note just started turning itself off- right after I've turned it on!?? Stays on maybe 60 seconds max! Took it to ATT store & tech tried but couldnt help. Still in warranty + insurance plan so they wanted to just replace. I said NO until I can get a COMPLETE backup - &/or get info on how to fix the problem. Need help!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones