1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy note screen issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harmony7, May 12, 2012.

1. harmony7

harmony7 Newbie
    None

Apr 4, 2012
    UK
    Hi everyone,
    I am looking at purchasing this phone I know the Note had serious screen tinting being blue, purple or green. As this phone has been out for several months now has this issue been fixed or is the screen still facing problems.

Thanks guys

Advertisement

2. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I have never had this problem and nor has my wife's one, nor have I ever seen this in 4 other notes that my friends has.

Just go an buy it :)

3. salla43

salla43 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    there is a slightly bluish tinge to the view but it's a function of the technology i believe. Its only noticeable when you see it alongside another phone without super amoled, like my mini galaxy. BUT, it's just not relevant. Its like an apples and pears comparison (hue-wise , i mean). Like T-sport says, just buy it, you wont even think about it when using it (your brain adjusts and it just looks normal); unless you've got some kind of OCD which wont allow you to stop thinking about it, LOL.

4. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2011
    that blue-ish tinge is only noticeable imo when you look at it from an angle. my gf has one and when i look at the phone while she's using it i can see the blue tinge. looking at the phone front on and i can't see any blue discolouring.

5. harmony7

harmony7 Newbie
    None

Apr 4, 2012
    UK
    Thanks guys for your respond. Someone over at XDA is releasing a fix for this but its only available if your phone is rooted. Shame really...

6. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    For me and my AT&T branded Note, with the screen brightness at any level above 3%, while indoors, the color level seems way too high/over-saturated. Especially with my red "Netflix" and "Dish Network" shortcuts, which arm to "glow". I've resorted to using the app "Screen Filter" to tone down the saturation.

This from someone who prefers watching their professionally calibrated plasma in Cinema mode...FWIW.

7. harmony7

harmony7 Newbie
    None

Apr 4, 2012
    UK
    Thanks, plus apparently when playing videos back there is something wrong with the dark colours like its very choppy.

8. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Again, FWIW, my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus does not have the black/low light "macro-blocking" issues (e.g. black bars on windscreen content look like varying shades of black and dark grey Tetris blocks) that my Note has.

9. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Male
    Journalist and publisher
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    I keep on reading posts where people are paranoid about so-called issues raised in forums that hardly any one else seems to have noticed and no reviewers have highlighted. This is a good example. If you are worried, get out there to your local phone shop and try a sample out for yourself. Use the evidence provided by your own eyes

Ian

filfyuk likes this.
  10. enduser2941

enduser2941 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Systems Admin
    NJ
    I have had the note for a month now and never noticed any such problems. My only problem with this device has been with the S-Pen Ghost Writing when not even touching the screen. Using the S-Pen Accessory pen has taken care of this problem, though put me out %50 which Samsung is working with me to refund me for since it's an inherent problem with the design of the s-pen. Go buy it and enjoy it. I know I do!

11. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    I've been totally stunned by the brilliance of the screen, I have absolutely no complaints with it wotsoever, and this is me coming from a HTC desire, and HTC Incredible S, and my girlfriend who has has iphone4 and 4s.

Also I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but there are 3 factory colour settings you can select from in the normal screen menu.

Something like Movie, vivid and normal. This completely alters the colours and tones!

You can't do that on Iphone or HTCs!

12. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    I was watching vids on MoboPlayer and thought the vid was off. Turns out the screen was suddenly green tinted as if through a green filter. Took a reboot but has been fine ever since.

13. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2012
    I played the same youtube video on the Galaxy Note and my iPod Touch. The Galaxy Note seems to have screen tinting in green while my iPod Touch seems to have screen tinting in blue. Both connected to the same wifi network. My iPod Touch played smoothly without pause. However, the Galaxy Note paused many times. Know the cause of these two issues?

14. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Male
    Journalist and publisher
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    What video was this - can you provide a link? Did you you use Flash Player in the browser or the YouTube app? Were you watching via WiFi or mobile data?

This is a good reference video on YouTube:

Elbow - 'Lippy Kids' (Live at Blueprint Studios) - YouTube

This plays perfectly on my Note: no blocky dark areas, perfect colour, and very smooth.

Ian

15. hajimeabc

hajimeabc Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2012